Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Basara  (Read 2403 times)
« on: May 26, 07, 06:33:23 pm »

Does anyone know exactly when Basara is going to be wrapped up?  I hope it wasn't dropped. :[ I love it to death but I think it's been finished in Japan  for years now.  I recently finished volume 20 of the manga now am eagerly awaiting the next 7 volumes.  Also, does Basara have a website?  I know that there is an anime up to episode 13 until it was "deemed" boring by the public...heh.  So maybe there is still a website lying around.  I would also recommend a lot of Tamura Yumi's other works, such as: 7 Seeds, Chicago, and Hare Tokidoki Yami, which are all really excellent as well (7 seeds especially). Even though my all time favorite is still Basara. :]
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 07, 10:28:17 pm »

the basara manga doesnt finish untill volume 27, and as far as i know, the people scanlating it do not have a site.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 07, 11:50:49 am »

Thanks.  Yeah, it's a great manga, I just wish there was more background on it.  Too bad the anime wasn't finished.  I would have liked to watched the anime as well.  Viz has up to volume 23 licensed with 24 coming out in august, so maybe at the rate it's being scanalated, I might just have to buy the remaining volumes.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 07, 08:41:19 pm »

Does anyone know if Basara is complete?? Huh
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 07, 08:55:45 pm »

Yes, in Japan Basara is complete. Viz hasn't completely finished publishing all the volumes yet. I believe Basara ends at Volume 27 and Viz just released Volume 25. So we got two more official releases to go before it gets finished here.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 07, 06:00:40 pm »

Is it good?? one of my friends recommended it to me but i don't know the storyline?? can you summarize it to me
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 07, 12:36:19 am »

Is it good?? one of my friends recommended it to me but i don't know the storyline?? can you summarize it to me

Yes, I've really enjoyed reading Basara. Here's a summary I wrote a while back:

Set in the time of a post-apocalyptic Japan, Basara is a story about hope, love, and destiny.

Sarasa has always felt like she was living in the shadow of her her twin brother, Tatara. Her brother is the fated Child of Destiny who will lead the people of Japan against the dictatorships of the ruling kings. One fateful day, the Red King invades Sarasa's desert village and before her very own eyes, her brother and father are murdered.

With unknown strength, Sarasa rallies her people all the while posing as her brother Tatara. Wrapped in the identity of her brother, she must now take on the burden of his prophecy not knowing that she was the truly the destined child all along.

Things become even more complicated when a chance encounter at the hot springs brings Sarasa face to face with a mysterious and handsome youth named Shuri. There is an instant attraction between the both of them that eventually grows into love. Little do the both know that they are each other's hated enemy; she the upstart Tatara and he the dreaded Red King.

That last part of my summary alone promises a lot of drama and suspense. (I'm a big fan of the character Ageha though. He's all kinds of amazing)
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 08, 11:59:15 am »

Hi everyone,

I also love Basara very much. Grin Sorrowfully they stopped publishing it in my country. I was quite happy that I could download a few more chapters here but since quite some time their haven't been any new uploads.  Sad
Does anyone continue scanlating or knwo where to download the chapters starting volume 21?

I really want know how the story continues.

Regards,

ShojoBellendi
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 08, 12:31:42 pm »

heyyyy XD
please, someone help me!
I need to know if they stopped translating basara!!!
cause I loved this manga, I wanna know how it ends TT_TT
if someone knows something about this, please, tell me

=*
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 08, 01:39:16 pm »

I am pretty sure you can ask for this kind of thing in the Manga Requests v2 thread. Don't quote me on it though. Anyway, since this is a thread that is against the rules,

Thread Locked!

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka!" -Me

Disclaimer -Any opinions I may have, or you perceive I have, are not the opinion of MangaTraders, only me personally
Legendary Uploader
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 08, 01:48:39 pm »

As far as I can see the last scanlation done by the group thats doing Basara was a year ago, so it's good to say that it might have been dropped by them or if not its been put on hold.

We have officially lost it!
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 08, 01:55:31 am »

I am pretty sure you can ask for this kind of thing in the Manga Requests v2 thread. Don't quote me on it though. Anyway, since this is a thread that is against the rules,

Thread Locked!

why is this thread against the rules if they're asking about a manga? o.O this is the manga discussion thread, right? besides they asked how it ended. XD

too bad i don't know how it ends... or i'd let you know ;__; sorry! i'm still in the middle of reading it myself, and wondering if the end will be scalated...

if not... i'll prolly cry...

~ WinterRose ~
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 08, 08:12:21 am »

This thread is against the rules because it is basically asking for the scanlation status of Basara. Zraith, as it woud seem, believes this can become the Basara discussion thread. He is higher on the totem pole than me so his word goes.

The user made a thread get a quick answer in which they do not plan to participate any further on the forums. This is apparent because the only post the opening poster has is that post. If you care to know, I don't think we should bother helping people who can't read the rules, or don't plan on participating on the forums.

Now, hopefully anyone who hasn't hated me before, now does hate me. So no more about how this thread should/shouldn't be locked and talk about Basara here.

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka!" -Me

Disclaimer -Any opinions I may have, or you perceive I have, are not the opinion of MangaTraders, only me personally
« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 08, 10:53:25 pm »

If anyone knows if any group is going to release more scans, please let me know. Even if they are the raws.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 08, 01:52:04 am »

This thread is against the rules because it is basically asking for the scanlation status of Basara. Zraith, as it woud seem, believes this can become the Basara discussion thread. He is higher on the totem pole than me so his word goes.

The user made a thread get a quick answer in which they do not plan to participate any further on the forums. This is apparent because the only post the opening poster has is that post. If you care to know, I don't think we should bother helping people who can't read the rules, or don't plan on participating on the forums.

Now, hopefully anyone who hasn't hated me before, now does hate me. So no more about how this thread should/shouldn't be locked and talk about Basara here.

ooooh okay. i get it now. ^^

speaking of Basara, is it worth it to watch the anime, since it will never be completed? :\ i haven't finished the manga yet, actually. but i'm wondering if i watch the anime, will i lose more than i gain? ^^;; it looks pretty cool...

oh and it's okay if people's replies have spoilers in them--i don't mind spoilers at all!

~ WinterRose ~
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: