Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Übel Blatt  (Read 3457 times)
« on: Apr 02, 07, 02:02:41 pm »

This is a real cool manga that has recently begun to be released.  It'll remind you of Berserk, so if you liked that manga give this a try.  Lots of action, gore, nudity, then gore, then action again.  Lots of sword fighting, and there'll be plenty of cool characters, and also betrayal.

Don't have a decription to give at the moment, so you'll have to trust me for now.

Übel Blatt is in German, and I think it means "Evil Blade", someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sushi Bar Manga is releasing this series, they've done all of Volume 0 and Auxiliary chapters, and just recently released chapter 1 of volume 1.
#sbm @ irc.irchighway.net

So go read it, and post here your comments.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 07, 09:30:46 am »

Man this Manga Kicks Ass. Do you know where can I get more of it, outside IRC of course don't why but IRC isn't working with my PC. Storyline is awesome and art is awesome too.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 07, 03:03:48 pm »

Yes 'Übel Blatt' is german (i should know it i am one Grin) but i didnt realy know what it should mean:
übel = bad
blatt = paper
'bad paper' ...i think its a little bit wired ^^
havent read the manga yet but when it reminds of berserk im downloading it
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 07, 05:08:23 pm »

Why aren't here more posts about this manga it's realy cool something like Gantz in middle Ages the story is cool art i awesome. Don't know why you people don't read it. Sad
« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 07, 07:41:53 pm »

I'ev recently read it up to the current releasing chapter ! Its freakiong awesome, progressing very greatly. U guys are missing out if u guys havn't read this =p!

SmileyyyFace !
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 07, 10:19:44 pm »

all of you who like manga with voilence, brutality, sex, corruption on the highest persons and seeking vengence this is a must read manga for you Wink
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 08, 07:34:33 am »

it's real strange how littre post are here, bacause this manga is realy awesome.
good story line awesone art with no limits, they don't hide any thing in story.
and is not like many mangas in whic is main point in getting stronger (dragonball and many)
and is not only killing + killing, but there are many good points in manga.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 08, 08:35:14 am »

Yes 'Übel Blatt' is german (i should know it i am one Grin) but i didnt realy know what it should mean:
übel = bad
blatt = paper
'bad paper' ...i think its a little bit wired ^^
havent read the manga yet but when it reminds of berserk im downloading it
Orly? Lips sealed
then lett me add that "Blatt" also can mean leave (like the ones on the trees, not like leaving)
and since the world is somewhat darkage, i just assume it is meant that way

and while im on it mentioning it, its pointless to translate it, since i suppose the author did a thorougly german search as the others did like in Bleach's Bounto Arc, or the spells in Fate Stay Night - harldy what u can call german, just some german words thrown together to give it a fancy touch....

Well anyhow, the story is good, but somewhat too many eyecandy, especially cous most girls get stripped due to uncertain circumstances (and if the girl is not older than 12... Undecided)

Me? Sarcastic? Nooo...
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 08, 09:34:21 am »

if i remember it right, it only happened 2 and they weren't nude, they had cloth.
but for older girls, they were nude many times.

If this is to much for you than try Id, it's more on comedic background than gore, but it not the same as this so don't get your hope to high.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 08, 12:04:12 pm »

Some pics:

The art is awesome, the story is promising, and there's gore, a square root per chapter. Grin

I'll put the Intro with the original images:

The story evolves around the former Lances of Betrayal - The Black Sword, 20 years later, named Ko(e)inzell now, who survived his friends' assassination and stayed alive by merging with a fairy (this is how it was translated at least).

Does anybody know if Koinzell means something in German?
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 08, 12:29:48 pm by lorall73 » Logged
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 08, 05:42:48 pm »

in manga is once mentioned that koinzell mean scars made by seven heroe's holy swords.

we don't know if he was human to begin with.
no one know who his parents are.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 08, 07:36:58 pm »

The amount of sex and gore in Übel Blatt, in my opinion goes a bit too far. Not that I am against sex and gore by any means (heck I read Ichi the Killer). But how it is carried out in Übel Blatt is just over done and far too much put in there so that the character actual personality and the story suffer so that mangaka can continuously remind us that women have breast and people are full of blood and organs.

All that said it isn't a horrible manga and is an light entertaining read if your are bored or feel like you need an injection of testosterone.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 08, 03:03:13 am »

Speaking of myself only, when it comes to war and sex - blood, breasts, and organs are valid reference, not a testosterone injection. Nine months of compulsory army service in country B is a valid Stanford experiment. Rape as means of war has been denounced less than ten years ago. It is still a valid point to arm a child and send him or her in a guerilla war or urge them to kill themselves and others in suicide bomb attacks, because of the "international situation" or the mere fact that tribe C has also right to fight for its national identification. Charlie Chaplin said in a letter to Geraldine that nudity is the 20th century's disease and as it seems it will produce either horrifying mutants, or further accelerated increase of the population. (...) What else? ... From my point of view, graphics/story in Ubel Blatt addresses these issues lightly. That is why I probably read it. I won't like it till produces "wings" for losing the legs, but ... wtf, diversity counts even in manga.

[random rant, since the Evolution topic does not give insights on why women should have breasts, so no need to take it too seriously Smiley]
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 08, 09:35:46 am by lorall73 » Logged
« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 08, 03:32:04 pm »

they want to show how crual that time is despite that 7 heroes are alive and should be peaceful.
and secon thing sex is a part of life to make new life, so humans can't live without it.
but is true what you said and it's sad.

any is your choice to like or hate this manga.
nothing is perfect.
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 10, 12:10:43 am »

im on it, its hot, need moar
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: