Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cross Game  (Read 3408 times)
« on: Apr 02, 07, 07:55:10 am »

I can't be the only Mitsuru Adachi fan here.  Cross Game is his latest work, and still ongoing.  I wonder if anyone here is reading this series so that we can discuss it.  And if you're a sports manga fan, then you better start reading this.  From all his mangas, this reminds me most of Touch.  Of course this is a baseball manga, but some of the story elements are very similar (which I won't discuss at this moment as to not spoil).

Chapter 67 was recently released, and the series is being done by Manga Downloads.

Quote from: "Wikipedia"
Cross Game is one of the newest manga series by Mitsuru Adachi. It tells the story of Koh and the Tsukishima family's 4 sisters in a very Mitsuru Adachi kind of way. The comic starts off as a comedy and shows the relationship between Koh and the 4 sisters. As with all Mitsuru Adachi's main characters, Koh's character is slowly built up with amusing and unforgettable scenarios with most of the character building scenes showing off Koh's talent as a baseball player. The manga is still running in Japan at its 7th volume.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 07, 12:54:09 pm »

I'll give this one a look Smiley, if its anything like Major i'll <3 it.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 07, 09:17:22 am »

Ch 68 just out.  Love the series but wish people would put up 61-63 on here as its annoying having holes in the story.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 07, 09:40:49 am »

Yes, i read them through. Definitely one of Adachi's manga not to be missed.
Please read them, you'll love it.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 07, 08:29:56 am »

Chapter 68 was great.... We finally get some good interaction between Koh and Aoba.  Even the big sister gets plenty of character development.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 07, 01:53:15 am »

Yeah, i like the progress in this chapter. Especially Aoba shows less irritation when Koh around and also when her sis told Koh she started to cook better food for him ^_^. The moment i like most so far for this manga is when Koh still buying stuff for Waka every their birthday T.T poor. hope he can get that 160Km/Hr fast ball. Gamba Koh!!!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 07, 09:30:38 am »

Budweineken,

Where can i find chapter 61-63. I just noticed there are any of this chapter.

Thanks in advance.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 07, 01:29:35 pm »

Try here, there's a thread to ask for uploads use that thread instead of posting here.
http://www.mangadownloads.org/

Chapter 69 is also out, which was a nice chapter... it lacked some Aoba, but we got to see some of the baseball competition and we were introduced to probably a future adversary of both Koh and the cleanup hitter (forgot his name).

« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 07, 08:35:29 am »

Thanks. Cheesy
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 07, 05:38:44 pm »

It's a good manga with a way too much dramatic start. Man, it really hurt to see those child being emotionally devastated.

Shadows and Dusts
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 07, 08:10:34 pm »

I really love Adachi Mitsuru's works!!! Cross Game is not an exception  Cheesy
This one is really a great manga, i highly recommend it.
« Reply #11 on: Jun 21, 07, 04:04:07 pm »

Just read up to the latest scanlation, chapter 76.

They finally started the tournament, and it has been pretty good thus far. I liked how all the weaknesses were "leaked" to the opposing team, and were used against them. Yet, they prevailed with a pitcher you see once every 10 years.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #12 on: Jun 21, 07, 09:06:13 pm »

Cross Game is about on par with H2 for great storylines from Adachi. I've read almost everything he's comeout with and this one seems to be the most promising storyline yet... I think i just like the development of the story too much  Cheesy
« Reply #13 on: Jul 26, 07, 08:11:30 am »

Hy ev'ryone!

First (not so slow ^^) step on this awesome forum.
I just discovered it by a friend (tks dude).
In France We have only two volumes of Cross Game (the second one is available since yesterday)
So, this forum is like littl' miracle to me.
Thank you for that :]

So,
Cross Game Just rulez.
I mean, Mitsuru just put my head at back, simply with one and first volume.
I let you imagine how addicted i'm passed these 8 volumes.
I Can't wait for th next Shots!!!

Mitsuru Adachi is just an Master, perfectly  controlling the accuracy of tone in his narration, the psychology of its characters, and without never overpushing his effects. Just simply perfect.

I like the melancholic mood in which its mangas plunges me.

Well. I could continue diss way long time, but i'm gonna stop it  for now.

See ya.

G.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #14 on: Aug 26, 07, 08:13:10 am »

thanx man, I don't know if someone has forum for Adachi Mitsuru here.
I really love all his manga.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: