Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsManga of the Week - Blood and Steel & Cutie Boy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Blood and Steel & Cutie Boy  (Read 2214 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Nov 03, 13, 12:02:06 pm »

This week, our series spotlight has shined on Blood and Steel suggested by ExSavior & Cutie Boy suggested by sweetanimegirl.  If you are unfamiliar with these be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
The story begins with the eradication of Qing-cheng martial art faction by a group of martial art fanatics from Wudong, whose master and disciples only has one belief – to become the strongest in the world. In order to maintain their supremacy, they take over all the other martial arts group and kill those refuse to yield themselves to them.  Yan Heng, a young swordman in Qing-cheng, was saved by ‘Wudang Hunter' Jing Lie, who also lost his fellows because of Wudong. Being the only remnant of their groups, the two allied and start their journey of revenge.

-

Series Summary:
Lee Han-Ah used to be bullied in 2nd grade for having a “wide and flat” butt by a boy in her primary school and has hated him ever since. Now, in high school she is the celebrated, legendary captain of Il-Hwa Girls High School and she is seeking out a pretty boyfriend. Then she meets the mellow and seemingly perfect boy, Yoo-Min.
Legendary Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 13, 12:32:17 pm »

City of Darkness, The Lawless and Feng Shen Ji are full colored manhuas that are presented beautifully but I have to admit that for a black-and-white, Blood and Steel's story is pretty damn good, fight scenes are amazing and the art is good despite not being full color. You won't be disappointed.

You jive turkeys...
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 13, 08:31:54 pm »

ExSavior, thank you for your uploads as well. At first I was confused at the style, but as the story continued it flowed onwards.

Highly recommend Blood and Steel, 4.5 out of 5 stars for me.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 13, 09:32:54 am »

I haven't read Blood and Steel yet but from the comments above me, I'll check it out.

I did read Cutie Boy and was immensely disappointed. I know there are good Korean manga (manwha) out there but they don't do romance well. Or rather do it to the standards of Danielle Steel or something. I liked the hero until he became abusive. I hated the heroine because she was a spineless coward...

"All men are not created equal." Charles Li Brittania, 98th Empereor of Brittania
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 13, 06:09:01 pm »

I haven't read Blood and Steel yet but from the comments above me, I'll check it out.

I did read Cutie Boy and was immensely disappointed. I know there are good Korean manga (manwha) out there but they don't do romance well. Or rather do it to the standards of Danielle Steel or something. I liked the hero until he became abusive. I hated the heroine because she was a spineless coward...

Yes I thought the exact same thing. At first I was like ok...typical shoujo...and I can stand that, mind you, till...the hero became abusive.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: