Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsManga of the Week - Kingdom & Akatsuki no Yona
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Kingdom & Akatsuki no Yona  (Read 1693 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Oct 20, 13, 10:24:28 am »

This week, our series spotlight has shined on Kingdom suggested by SleepyOne22 & Akatsuki no Yona suggested by Kraco.  If you are unfamiliar with these be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of man and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states period. Kingdom is the story of a young boy named Shin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there.

-

Series Summary:
Yona is the sole princess of the kingdom, living the luxurious and carefree life as a princess should. She has it all: the finest clothes and cosmetics, the most divine sweets, a loving emperor as a father, and the hottest cousin crush, Soo-won, anyone could ever hope to have. Now, if only her bodyguard, Son Hak, wasn't so annoying to her and her hair wasn't so red.  But her nearly perfect world quickly shatters as the man she loves, Soo-won, murders her father and the path to his ascension to the throne is assured. Son Hak escapes with Yona, and they lead a life on the run from that point on.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 13, 05:33:17 pm »

Kingdom is the Best. This is the manga i am waiting for. I always wait for the manga everyweek. godd..
The story is solid, the character making is fun, and the martial arts is (well, not mature enough but) quite good.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 13, 02:35:59 am »

Just started reading Kingdom about a week ago... great series. I've already plowed through 6 volumes, and when I catch up to current scans, I will be waiting eagerly for each new release. Great manga spotlight.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 13, 12:01:38 pm »

Akatsuki no Yona is one of my absolute favorite mangas!! Whenever a new chapter comes out I just drop whatever I'm doing to read it right away. It takes turns being sweet, funny, cute, intense, and tragic. I love it!! XD
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 13, 02:45:44 am »

The fantasy adventure shoujo combination has produced some really nice series and Akatsuki no Yona is a good example of it. The surprisingly realistic and practical ruthlessness of the beginning made it all the better. Naturally it wouldn't work without a mentally strong main character either. The rest of the cast is nicely varied. A jolly good read so far, all in all.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 13, 01:18:55 am »

currently reading kingdom and up to date..
I really love this manga..
and can't wait for updates Smiley
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 14, 12:41:49 am »

I'm currently reading Akatsuki no Yona. I enjoy reading it so far. The synopses really show the story. 

All manga are the best.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: