Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Save Bracken Cave!  (Read 1394 times)
If I had a title it would be something pimp!
« on: May 17, 13, 03:04:01 pm »

For those of you who live in the US and are concerned with nature conservation please take a moment to read over and sign this petition to try and protect the habitat and very survival of the worlds largest bat population from a planned suburban development project in central Texas.

This issue is very important to me as I live near the area and I'd appreciate any support you all can give to help protect this natural treasure.
« Last Edit: May 19, 13, 03:05:26 am by Yukimura » Logged

Just when you write idiot proof drivers with fool proof documentation, the world writes a better idiot.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 13, 04:04:06 pm »

hi there

natural reserve must be saved or indistrys will take them all apart, that is in importent matter for us and canada.

signed and shared on fb
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 13, 05:43:19 pm »

Thanks for sharing this issue.  I've signed it.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 13, 05:53:48 pm »

Zubat pls.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 13, 06:57:06 pm »

Signed!  Thanks for bringing that to our attention.  Smiley
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 13, 03:46:52 am »

Can we sign even if we don't live in the states or anywhere near it?
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 13, 11:55:33 pm »

The more I see of habitat loss and human population encroaching on and disrupting nature, the sadder I feel.

Thanks for the front page headline. I have signed and will email the district members, and share this around with my naturalist buddies. I'd go in person to the city council meeting if I could, but I live in California, where we unfortunately have problems with Caltrans killing cliff swallows...

@luluuuu: I think you can, since there is a link saying "Outside of US?" for those wishing to sign the petition and who live elsewhere.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 13, 01:21:51 pm »

Thanks for posting this! I live in Austin,TX and have not heard of this issue. Who would have thought visiting manga sharing sites could make me aware of a local issue that concerns me!
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 13, 11:33:28 am »

I wrote the following on the site:

Bats eat so very many insects. Endangering them means the increase of pesticide use in the area, which in turn contaminates groundwater. With that many people and no oversight, people WILL use pesticides incorrectly; it's just a matter of how many, how often. And the worse it gets for the groundwater, the worse it gets for the bats, and the more insects, which require less water and much less groundwater, survive against the declining population of bats. Therefore, people use more insecticide, and it becomes a negative feedback loop.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: