Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Feng Shen Ji & Barakamon  (Read 1370 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: May 05, 13, 11:04:25 am »

This week, our series spotlight has shined on Feng Shen Ji suggested by ExSavior & Barakamon suggested by mizzblue.  If you are unfamiliar with these be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
The Great Shang dynasty has been in power for many years but the Gods find fault with the new emperor. Instead of submitting to their will at the expense of his people, the Emperor resolves to throw off the Gods' yoke and free humanity. However, not only the Gods but a rival, the young Zhou who submits to the Gods' will for his own purposes will face him!  The fate of the dynasty, nay, the fate of all humanity will be determined by this great battle between the forces of Heaven and Earth!

-

Series Summary:
On a quest to discover why a famous curator critiqued his calligraphy as "rigid and bland," handsome, arrogant, self-centred Handa Seishu forced to continue his work while living on a remote island.  A city-slicker to the core, Handa is surprised (and annoyed) by his wacky new neighbors and their odd habits - people traveling around on tractors as if they were cars, unwanted visitors who never use the front door, annoying kids using his home as a base...the list of grievances grows by the minute.  Can a city guy really adapt to an easy-going island life? Find out in this silly comedy full of innocence and laughter!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 13, 03:15:17 am »

I loved Barakamon! It's just so refreshing! Going to check out  Feng Shen Ji next Smiley
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 13, 10:39:01 am »

I loved Barakamon! It's just so refreshing! Going to check out  Feng Shen Ji next Smiley

You should try Yotsuba then.

Which makes me think, was it ever featured? If it was not, I need to right this wrong. I'm gonna check

Now allied with the banana army.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 13, 12:33:10 pm »

Feng Shen Ji and City of darkness are my favorites atm. Great choices from egscans's group.
Barakamon is nice too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: