Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Adolf & The Breaker: New Waves  (Read 1395 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Mar 23, 13, 08:25:38 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Adolf suggested by SuperSheba & The Breaker: New Waves suggested by bookworm31892 and JackSkellington.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
A graveyard in contemporary Israel has an unlikely visitor. The elderly gentleman from Japan, a former news correspondent, lays a bouquet of flowers at the tomb of one Adolf Kamil. For he remembers the tale of three Adolfs: Kamil, a Jew who grew up in Kobe, Japan, the son of a baker; Kaufmann, only child of a German consul stationed at that port city and his Japanese wife; and the Fuhrer with whom the Far Eastern nation made common cause.

-

Series Summary:
In the aftermath of the desperate battle between Goomoonryong and the Martial Arts Alliance -- Yi Shioon's ki-center was destroyed by his own master Goomoonryong, leaving him unable to practice martial arts...
Even though Shioon is no longer a murim-in, more assailants continue to pursue him. Through his encounter with Goomoonryong, the bullied boy has grown in to a respectable man. However, Shioon must now learn to survive in this chilly world of Murim without his master...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 13, 01:26:48 pm »

Adolf is amazing, I recommended it too! I love almost every Tezuka's manga Smiley

Ghibli and Tezuka fan. Smiley
Legendary Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 13, 02:32:58 pm »

The Breaker: New Waves is a great read, but I like the original series a lot more IMO.

You jive turkeys...
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 13, 11:34:52 am »

love the breaker... same with its sequel new waves...

love both stories, the actions, the plot.. a very good read for those action thrived readers..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: