Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Bokura no Kiseki & Piano no Mori  (Read 1956 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Feb 09, 13, 03:17:10 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Bokura no Kiseki & Piano no Mori.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
From a young age, Minami Harusumi has had recurring dreams of Veronica, a princess whose kingdom is on the verge of destruction. He believes them to be recollections of his past life, and that he is her reincarnation. Because of this, he is ridiculed by his classmates. One day, when the mockery escalates into bullying, he rediscovers magic—something Veronica had studied and used. Reassured his past life is not merely a fantasy, Minami tries to learn more about his past memories and the reason behind them...

-

Series Summary:
A tranquil tale about two boys from very different upbringings. On one hand you have Kai, born as the son of a prostitute, who's been playing the abandoned piano in the forest near his home ever since he was young. And on the other you have Syuhei, practically breast-fed by the piano as the son of a family of prestigious pianists. Yet it is their common bond with the piano that eventually intertwines their paths in life.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 13, 11:06:35 am »

Hey just wanted to thank whoever recommended Bokura no Kiseki. Can't believe that I haven't seen this manga before Smiley It is so amazing, can't stop reading it Cheesy

It’s said that which is flawed, is more beautiful than that which is perfect.
-   In Basara by Tamura Yumi
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 13, 11:10:20 pm »

Hey just wanted to thank whoever recommended Bokura no Kiseki. Can't believe that I haven't seen this manga before Smiley It is so amazing, can't stop reading it Cheesy
I'll second that. At first i was a bit skeptical but i'm addicted to this manga now
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 13, 11:21:24 pm »

I agree wth the others -who ever recommended this manga has great taste!  This is such a hidden gem, wouldn't bother to read it if it weren't for the Manga of the Week post (where I found other hidden gems, never judge a book by its cover or genre!).

Also, I would never thought that a boy with a past life of a PRINCESS would be SO KICKASS.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 13, 04:54:26 pm »

Have to say thank you again whoever recommended Bokura no Kiseki. I was coming back on here actually, to check the last uploaded date to see how much longer I'd have to be anxious for an update on it and all of a sudden it's on the front page!

Great to see it's definitely a worth while series. I also can't wait for the next chapter ^.^ (for this and for Akaya Akashiya Ayakashino)  but I'm definitely more anxious for this one! I'll have to check out the second manga while I'm waiting though <3
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 13, 08:39:33 am »

Really thank you thank you thank you for recommending Bokura no Kiseki!
I'd have never known about it if it hadn't popped up on Mangatraders' home page... And when I checked out the description - a guy who used to be a princeSS (!) I thought - this could be interesting. And now I'm hooked, absolutely!

I'm dying to read the next chapter!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 13, 07:02:00 pm »

I also took the liberty to read Piano no Mori, and I have to say that it's a wonderful read!  Not as fun or fantastical as Nodame Cantabille, but still a must read for people who love music and the whole genius/underdog genre.

The full length movie of Piano no Mori is also a must watch.  Feels very "Studio Ghibli" like (makers of Totoro, Howl's Movng Castle, Mononke, etc, although this movie was done by Madhouse), and it has a super duper "natsukashi" feeling to it...  Aaaah love that feeling  >__<

Anyway, another great recommendation!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 13, 11:33:56 am »

I really din't expect to get this involved in the manga.. Thank you so much for the recommendation Smiley >.<
« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 13, 10:10:01 am »

i'm still waiting for the ending of piano no mori Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: