Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Glass Mask & Tower of God  (Read 1596 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Feb 03, 13, 12:29:36 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Glass Mask & Tower of God.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Chigusa Tsukikage holds the rights to the play "The Crimson Goddess," a lost masterpiece that many would love to see brought back to the stage. Tsukikage, however, won't allow the cherished work to be diminished by an actress who isn't worthy of playing the title role. Fortunately, she has found two young actresses that just might be worthy: Maya Kitajima and Ayumi Himekawa. Though both actresses are exceptionally talented, only one can win the coveted role.

-

Series Summary:
What do you desire? Fortune? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? Whatever you desire, 'that is here'. Tower of God.
Legendary Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 13, 05:39:32 am »

I've been collecting Tower of God for quite some time now but got sidetracked reading other manhwas like Trace, The God of High School (both are INCREDIBLE), etc. I will start on this probably this weekend.

You jive turkeys...
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 13, 08:22:43 pm »

I'm going to put it simple: Don't you dare to miss Tower of God
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 13, 10:19:08 pm »

ok, now i'm curious about Tower of God. gonna start to read it ^^

i would like to suggest manga Sanctuary and Saiyuki Gaiden as the next manga of the week
cause for me i think Sanctuary has a great story about yakuza and politician world and with Saiyuki gaiden it's a great side story/prequel of Saiyuki
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 13, 12:11:07 pm »

Before this gets swamped with people praising Tower of God (and rightfully so, it's very likely the best manhwa of its kind) I just want to state how much I love Glass Mask and urge people to try reading it.

It was the second manga I ever read (after Flame of Recca) and I fell in love with it because I saw so much of myself in it. Long ago I used to love to act and even joined a theatre school. My first production with that school was an adaptation of Little Women. Coincidentally, the first play Maya is in after joining a theatre school is also Little Women. I couldn't help but love it for that, even though there are so many other things about us that are totally different.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 13, 06:54:32 pm »

Unlike the poster before me, I am not a in or was I ever been in the acting business/hobby. But Glass Mask really caught my attention. I have been a fan for years.

The manga actually follows the acting career of Kitajima Maaya: her struggles and determination in order to be part of the theater and how to be better at the craft of acting. The manga also shows her relationship with the different people in the industry. The actors, directors, producers, and all the different politics in the theater industry. Although it is shoujo, it's not a one-way plot. There are many facets to the manga and does not solely revolve around one topic. I think people who want to enjoy something with passionate yet still believable characters would enjoy this manga.

There is the issue of the art being old style but I think readers will get used to it. After all, it is quite an old manga but has been ongoing for so many years now.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 13, 09:57:54 am »

Glass Mask is a MUST READ for acting enthusiasts and for people who want to read a really good story. Cheesy

Itís said that which is flawed, is more beautiful than that which is perfect.
-   In Basara by Tamura Yumi
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 13, 03:11:55 pm »

Tower of god was the first manwah i ever read. I began just seeing it once or twice in the news, but when I begun to read it... Actually, it is the best thing I've ever read on the net so far, and it still continue to amaze me. Read it, it's more than worth your time !
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 13, 04:57:39 pm by divedarkness » Logged
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 13, 02:07:36 pm »

i read tower of god , in the more of 1000 manga i read its one of the best Cheesy
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 13, 03:32:10 am »

I just want to say thanks for introducing Tower of God to me. It was wonderful!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: