Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsArchived Series of the WeekManga of the Week - A Delicious Relationship & Kurozuka
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - A Delicious Relationship & Kurozuka  (Read 1929 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Jan 19, 13, 01:23:05 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on A Delicious Relationship suggested by noimosyni & Kurozuka suggested by sadcrescentmoon.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Fujiwara Momoe, a girl who loves to eat, was raised by her rich parents eating only the best. When her father dies from heart disease and Momoe has to support her and her mother, she can't stand the food that she makes(she never cooked before). One day, she walks into a little French restaurant and recognizes the food from its taste. She had eaten it several years earlier when celebrating her birthday at a 5-star restaurant with her parents. She asks to work there as a cook under the head chef, Oda-san. She falls in love with Oda, but he doesn't notice her feelings and only considers her an annoying apprentice. This series goes through joy and heartbreak, as experienced by Momoe. How does the situation end?

-

Series Summary:
Escaping from a brother who had just ascended the throne, Yoshitsune, along with his servant, comes across a house in the middle of a desolate mountain. Oddly enough, only a young woman lives there, who seems to possess a very dark and ominous past.  This long journey of more than a thousand years focuses on our main protagonist Kurou.  The majority of this story takes place many centuries in the future, after Kurou has been separated from Kuromitsu. Having lost almost all of his memories, Kurou seeks to understand why he cannot die, to rediscover his identity, and to find the woman that haunts his dreams.
Legendary Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 13, 03:47:00 pm »

I just finished reading Kurozuka a few days ago. Never watched the Anime but I'm going to sometime this weekend. Hopefully it's good.

You jive turkeys...
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 13, 05:47:51 pm »

I read Korozuka a long time ago and i still remember it quite well, hard not to whit such surprising developments coming right and left, really worth reading.

"Joke aside" there is no life
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 13, 01:22:38 am »

I really like Kurozuka. I've watched the anime a long time ago, and of course I read the manga, and the story couldn't be better. It communicants everything I like. Highly recommended.
Legendary Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 13, 07:03:56 am »

I thought the Anime for Kurozuka was OK at best (LOL at some character drawings, the stick figure legs were the best). I got the impression that if you didn't read the manga before watching the Anime you WILL feel lost about the story, especially the timeline shifts.

You jive turkeys...
Accomplished Uploader
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 13, 12:13:35 am »

I would tend to agree with ExSavior...

*huggles*
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 13, 10:40:58 am »

I'm coming to talk about the other manga. I really enjoy cooking manga and I really liked this one, even if the focus shifted more on life/ambition/ romance afterwards. The side stories were really nice  as well. Thanks for the recommandation.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 13, 07:04:23 pm »

A Delicious Relationship is one of those manga that, after I read it, I wondered why it took me so long.  Although I love shoujo, since I'm older than most of the readers here, I'm always looking for josei and other manga with more mature characters and stories.  This manga is just perfect for my tastes.  All the characters feel like real people.  It doesn't always go the way I thought it would, but I liked the directions the story took.  The coming-of-age story is nicely developed, the main character is completely charming, and the romance is just enough.  This has become one of the manga I mention when I talk about my favorites.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: