Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsOld NewsTakedown Request Recieved (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Takedown Request Recieved (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc)  (Read 18270 times)
Frequent Contributor
« on: Dec 28, 12, 01:10:49 am »

Today we got a C&D order on Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Vampire Knight, Ao no Exorcist, and Death Note. All files related to the series have been removed from the site.

Aftershock doesn't want the series visible even as information only pages either so for now their links will route to error pages and they won't show up in the search, which I'm sure has caused much confusion throughout the day and will cause the staff much consternation for the next several weeks.  I will try to cobble together a more sensible error page but for now we will be ignoring and/or linking to this post for any comments or questions about the fate of these series.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 13, 10:12:41 am by Yukimura » Logged

« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 12, 01:25:02 am »

Aftershock doesn't want the series visible even as information only pages either so for now their links will route to error pages, which I'm sure has caused much confusion throughout the day.
I'm pretty sure there's nothing illegal about series info page
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 12, 01:29:15 am »

So they will not be in the page ever again?  Huh Huh Huh
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 12, 02:19:42 am »

lol
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 13, 06:47:56 am by sosen » Logged
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 12, 02:20:16 am »

well this site will be dead soon then...
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 12, 02:31:02 am »

oh nooooooooooooo

nye nye nye >w< ChaIIchA
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 12, 03:33:46 am »

This is just sad....
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 12, 04:13:38 am »

well this site will be dead soon then...

Lol. They just took down 6 mainstream series, 1 of which was already finished. Fans of these series are usually zealots who know exactly where to get their chapters as they roam around the internet trying to get every little piece of information they can. Plus, these series are hosted in so many places, I can hardly see them being taken down here as a big loss for fans.

And the website still has tons of fantastic series. So long as the staff here feel like keeping up the work and the donations keep coming, this site won't go down. If anything, this means more bandwith for the rest of us.

On a more personal note, I'll use this rare occasion where I'm posting on a front page announcement to say that I still love this site. I've been out from the forums for a very long time, but MT is still my only source for manga. The RSS watched list is just awesome, there is a ample variety of series available, the manga of the week is almost always worth reading (I try to check them all out and I discovered really great series thanks to it), and it has a great community. As far as I'm concerned, a series being taken down from here means I won't be reading it anymore.

Keep up the good work, guys. We might not be very vocal about it, but we really appreciate it.

Now allied with the banana army.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 12, 04:25:36 am »

one piece
naruto
bleach
 Embarrassed how i can live without them  Lips sealed Cry
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 12, 05:24:41 am »

I really really really hope this is just a joke, today is December the 28th, the equivalent of April's Fool in some countries in Europe and Latin America.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 12, 05:37:48 am »

well this totally blows:( i've become used to getting my manga fix from here, having everything centralized. now it seems i'll have to start roaming the internet in search of chapters. if i remember to do it every week.

i don't know why some people say the site will be dead. if you only read 4-5 manga i'm really sad for you. right now i have ~170 series in my watch list so i for one wont be leaving soon.

i am such a leecher
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 12, 07:17:39 am »

I dont come to forums much , but like many im a big user/fan of this site.

I also agree the site wont die over such thing , to begin with i could not get all my manga from here anyway. There are other series that this place lacks .

It is an awesome site , but i dont think there is any site where all the series we want exist.

Its a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you dont keep your feet, theres no telling where you might be swept off to. - Bilbo Baggins
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 12, 07:32:37 am »

This site wont be dead but people will simply switch to another big hosting site from pure laziness.
How often u look for new series ? and how often u just logged here to download multiple mainstream mangas ?
And if this one went down i bet multiple next will go down too.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 12, 08:57:28 am »

Lol. They just took down 6 mainstream series, 1 of which was already finished. Fans of these series are usually zealots who know exactly where to get their chapters as they roam around the internet trying to get every little piece of information they can. Plus, these series are hosted in so many places, I can hardly see them being taken down here as a big loss for fans.

And the website still has tons of fantastic series. So long as the staff here feel like keeping up the work and the donations keep coming, this site won't go down. If anything, this means more bandwith for the rest of us.

On a more personal note, I'll use this rare occasion where I'm posting on a front page announcement to say that I still love this site. I've been out from the forums for a very long time, but MT is still my only source for manga. The RSS watched list is just awesome, there is a ample variety of series available, the manga of the week is almost always worth reading (I try to check them all out and I discovered really great series thanks to it), and it has a great community. As far as I'm concerned, a series being taken down from here means I won't be reading it anymore.

Keep up the good work, guys. We might not be very vocal about it, but we really appreciate it.

I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY. I LOVE MT. That will never change... ^^V

Live your LIFE as you want, cause it's YOUR LIFE!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 28, 12, 09:39:04 am »

noooo..where am i supposed read them now..??
T_T

rocks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: