Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Hitomi no Ounowa & Densha Otoko  (Read 3135 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Dec 22, 12, 02:42:40 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Hitomi no Ounowa & Densha Otoko both suggested by our not so Evil Hime Smiley .  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Five years ago, Yajima and Outomi met in highschool, through Ryouko, Yajima's best female friend and Outomi's girlfriend at the time. Ryouko remained in their home town, but Yajima and Outomi moved to Tokyo and remained close friends through university, and after Yajima dropped out. Yajima feels comfortable with Outomi -- unlike with his girlfriend. Then one day Outomi kisses another guy just to see what it would feel like, and Yajima gets agitated beyond what seems reasonable for even a close friendship.

-

Series Summary:
A hopeless geek, a beautiful woman, and a fast connection--could the Internet be his ticket onto the express train to romance?
A real-life thread on an Internet forum sparks a nationwide phenomenon! A nerdy otaku meets a girl on a train and posts an urgent query on the Web--How the heck do you talk to girls? What should he wear on their date? Where should they go? The forum's response was overwhelming, and the thread continued to grow along with their relationship.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 12, 09:25:28 pm »

Hitomi no Ounowa and Dear Green are my favorite BL series! I think that these two in particular are the author's best works, and the series is able to capture a more realistic slice of what a two-male married couple is like in the everyday ligr.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 12, 08:22:04 am »

Densha otoko was the first drama I fell in love, so I recommended the manga, it's no as good as the drama but I enjoyed it too.

Ghibli and Tezuka fan. Smiley
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 12, 03:30:09 pm »

If you are having a threat for the fan girls with this .... BL manga at least you should have a Yuri manga of the week next to make it fair.

"Joke aside" there is no life
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 12, 09:46:00 am »

If you are having a threat for the fan girls with this .... BL manga at least you should have a Yuri manga of the week next to make it fair.
It would be fair but be sure that noone fangirl will come to call your fav genre "this .... Yuri". Fair is fair but hate is no allowed. I clearly see what this "...." means.

Ppl comment here when they read series or like genre. Commenting to bash an whole genre is immature. Ppl cannot like everything but polite ones don't insult other ppl's preferences.

Also I saw how many times you suggested something and it was added, so why not other genres beside your favs to have this chance? The world doesn't spin around you only.

Fortunately, the admins are not as closed-minded ppl. I thank them for their choice!
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 12, 10:24:24 am by vessto » Logged
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 12, 12:08:11 pm »

I knew as soon as a yaoi was MoTW, someone will come and be disrespectful. Vessto is right, you can like or dislike one genre, but you don't have the right to bash other people tastes because this post and site is not only for you. If you don't like it just ignore this week's post, or even better check Densha Otoko, a very good and funny seinen.

And if you want us to be fair, then from now on there should be only yaoi and yuri series featured as MoTW for a couple of months, we already had plenty of the other genres. If you want to see a yuri go ahead and suggest one, you know how to do it.

Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 12, 05:05:05 pm »

I
It would be fair but be sure that noone fangirl will come to call your fav genre "this .... Yuri". Fair is fair but hate is no allowed. I clearly see what this "...." means.

Ppl comment here when they read series or like genre. Commenting to bash an whole genre is immature. Ppl cannot like everything but polite ones don't insult other ppl's preferences.

Also I saw how many times you suggested something and it was added, so why not other genres beside your favs to have this chance? The world doesn't spin around you only.

Fortunately, the admins are not as closed-minded ppl. I thank them for their choice!

I don't like yuri in particular, i just want to be a dick quack Smiley

don't mind me too much, still i'm Bi and gay sex is nothing like that, just saying.

also, i had read Densha otoko, thank you anyway.
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 12, 05:25:31 pm by Lap17 » Logged

Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 12, 02:10:09 am »

I don't like yuri in particular, i just want to be a dick quack Smiley

don't mind me too much, still i'm Bi and gay sex is nothing like that, just saying.

also, i had read Densha otoko, thank you anyway.

Manga rather seldom presents any relationships as in real.Wink I already used to that, I can't say if this is good or bad, maybe even it is great bc we have enough real life. Manga is our escapade.

It is kinda ironic that BL/GL is made for het representatives of the opposite gender. I know some Bi/Gay boys don't fancy BL much and some Bi/Lesbian girls don't fancy GL much. Personally I'm a het fem and I don't read either shoujo or seinen. But I respect the same genres and their fans.

For me being here means to have fun and to respect the others and their differences/likes and if something is not our taste (no matter of the reason Wink), then as Evilhime said, just ignore it.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 12, 05:39:08 am »

Manga rather seldom presents any relationships as in real.Wink I already used to that, I can't say if this is good or bad, maybe even it is great bc we have enough real life. Manga is our escapade.

It is kinda ironic that BL/GL is made for het representatives of the opposite gender. I know some Bi/Gay boys don't fancy BL much and some Bi/Lesbian girls don't fancy GL much. Personally I'm a het fem and I don't read either shoujo or seinen. But I respect the same genres and their fans.

For me being here means to have fun and to respect the others and their differences/likes and if something is not our taste (no matter of the reason Wink), then as Evilhime said, just ignore it.

It is funny indeed, thanks for taking it so well, you are absolutely right and sorry that i have that kind of personality : P

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 13, 11:49:04 am »

Densha Otoko was a simple yet beautiful story, and very uplifting. I loved the characters. Thanks a lot for making me notice this manga.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 13, 11:28:02 pm »

Densha Otoko was a really good recommendation. I didn't sleep tonight until I finished it. I fell in love with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: