Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - City of Darkness & St&rs  (Read 1566 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Nov 16, 12, 09:30:51 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on City of Darkness suggested by ExSavior & St&rs suggested by SleepyOne22.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Everyone in his Yakuza gang looked up to him. He was the boss's favorite pupil, but then in a single night, after he had won so many territorial fights for his gang, he lost everything! Why?

-

Series Summary:
On August 10 of 2019, humanity received a signal, which was verified for its integrity by hundreds of scientists, from an alien life form containing one message: let us meet on Mars on July 7, 2035. Thus began the creation of a space agency representing Earth as a whole named ST&RS. From there, things progressed quickly with man re-landing on the moon in 2022 and constructing many space stations orbiting Earth and the moon. The Space Academy was created to train the upcoming generation of ST&RS.

The same August 10th that Earth received the message, Shirafune Maho spoke his first words and it was “Mars.” Since then, Maho has been an astronomy freak who has nothing but the universe on his mind. He decides he is going to apply for the Space Academy along with his childhood friend, Hoshihara Meguru, and recent transfer and super smart classmate, Amachi Wataru. The trio begins their almost impossible journey of being accepted into the school where only 1% of the applicants are allowed into the academy.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 12, 05:29:24 am »

I love City of darkness. Smiley
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 12, 05:16:39 am »

And here I was looking for a nice manhua to read. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm definitely checking out City of Darkness!

[Edit] Oh my God, this is an artwork! I adore the style and the work put into every panel here. The colours are stunning, the characters are really well developed. The plot is rather average, but compelling and the random comical relieves are quite nicely executed. But seriously the most wonderful thing about this series is definitely the art. Static at time, but due to the amount of fights mostly really dynamic (truly conveying the motion, the force of the blows). Really if one is looking for a good battle piece, I really recommend this.
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 12, 06:51:01 pm by kashikosa » Logged

Legendary Uploader
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 13, 03:16:33 am »

There should be more fans of City of Darkness. Season 1 was an amazing read. I hope Season 2 shows an equal amount of finesse.

You jive turkeys...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: