Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsArchived Series of the WeekManga of the Week - Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (ODA Suzuka) & Otogi Matsuri
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (ODA Suzuka) & Otogi Matsuri  (Read 1447 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Nov 03, 12, 10:19:10 am »

Hi All,

Most of you have probably heard about hurricane Sandy in the news.  Our prayers are with those who are effected by it and I hope those of you (our users) in the hurricane zone are safe and are able to cope well with the aftermath.  Some of you are probably in the same situation as me, without power and cell phone service since Monday.  Here is for you all another Halloween theme to cover some more genres for a different group of audience. Enjoy!

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (ODA Suzuka) & Otogi Matsuri.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
The story is about a college student, Saitou Yakumo, who was born with different eye colors. His red left eye gave him a special ability to see ghosts and spirits. He believes ghosts and spirits are bound to earth because of a certain 'cause' and simply by eliminating that 'cause' will those spirits rest in peace. Being asked for help by Ozawa Haruka, together they began the investigation.

-

Series Summary:
This story takes place in Miyakono Town, where a murder has just taken place. The victim, an elderly priest, was horribly dismembered. Since the police have been unable to determine a murderer, or even a killing method and weapons, the towns people have begun to spread various rumors, one if which is that a huge monster is responsible.  Yousuke is eating lunch one day when he accidentally bumps into a small shrine, breaking it. At that moment a bright flash enters his body. It turns out to be a Jingi (sacred weapon) known as Suzaku's Bow. But the price of being able to wield this power is that it cost him "his future": Yousuke may die soon.  To prevent this from occuring, Yousuke must defeat the 12 Kensoku (demonic creatures representing the balance of ying and yang) which are beginning to attack the town. To help him are three other people, also cursed with Jingi. Will they succeed in time? Or will all their sacrifices be for naught?
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 12, 07:54:12 am »

Nice to see Shinrei Tantei here xD It's a very enjoyable manga even if it's rather predictable. A very good spotlight Cheesy

I haven't read Otogi Matsuri but the summary sounds interesting so I will check it out as soon as possible Cheesy

Legendary Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 12, 05:49:20 am »

Just when the power outs and people losing homes were bad, this snow storm is making things a little worse. Sandy didn't hit us much (RI) but to see snow before Thanksgiving is a little disheartening. My prayers are out to those still trying to recover from Sandy and now dealing with difficult weather.

You jive turkeys...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: