Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: New (Experimental) Server Added  (Read 8498 times)
Frequent Contributor
« on: Sep 10, 12, 11:24:53 am »

I doubt many of you noticed because you don't pay attention to anything but your watched lists and maybe search results but we added a new server yesterday.  There were a few minor glitches but for the most part I am quite impressed with myself for how smoothly the site framework accepted the new addition.  When I first started working on MT it would have taken days to get a new server up and running and integrated into the system, but for dl6 it only took a few hours for the server to be ready for the site.  It is a testament to how far my scripting prowess has come, but there is still room to improve and I hope to have the next one ready in an hour or less!

In any case, the new server is an experiment due to utilizing cloud infrastructure but if it is able to deliver comparable or better performance than our current servers we hope to be able to add on a few more to bring down the average download time across the board without an increase in overall costs.

Stupendous Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 12, 12:42:57 pm »

great news! thanks Cheesy
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 12, 12:54:01 pm »

I'd noticed Smiley It was working really well for me earlier.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 12, 01:29:56 pm »

thank you!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 12, 02:40:57 pm »

Thank you!! Cheesy
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 12, 03:52:48 pm »

ohh, yes I noticed yesterday and was excited to see it!
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 12, 06:16:14 pm »

I actually noticed and was pretty excited by that fact. It's so great that you're constantly working on improving the site and making it easier for people such as myself to enjoy our manga happily all the time!!

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 12, 06:29:14 pm »

..i didn't notice it yesterday..what i noticed is that my downloads are faster than before..hahaha...so many thanks.. ♥

► ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ◄
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 12, 08:07:02 pm »

Smiley
« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 12, 09:43:03 pm »

I'm impressed by how you always try to keep improving things, and you do a good job of fixing things when they go wrong.  Cool
« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 12, 10:05:15 pm »

I doubt many of you noticed because you don't pay attention to anything but your watched lists and maybe search results but we added a new server yesterday.  There were a few minor glitches but for the most part I am quite impressed with myself for how smoothly the site framework accepted the new addition.  When I first started working on MT it would have taken days to get a new server up and running and integrated into the system, but for dl6 it only took a few hours for the server to be ready for the site.  It is a testament to how far my scripting prowess has come, but there is still room to improve and I hope to have the next one ready in an hour or less!

In any case, the new server is an experiment due to utilizing cloud infrastructure but if it is able to deliver comparable or better performance than our current servers we hope to be able to add on a few more to bring down the average download time across the board without an increase in overall costs.

Thanks. Good to know.

TQ
« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 12, 10:23:18 pm »

cool! thanks a lot Smiley
« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 12, 11:18:06 pm »

Thank you so much for your hard work! Cheesy
« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 12, 11:26:35 pm »

thanks
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 12, 04:41:57 am »

OMG. This is super cool. You're super cool for doing this. THANK YOU VERY MUCH...  Grin

Live your LIFE as you want, cause it's YOUR LIFE!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: