Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsOld NewsSome Changes Were Made (More to Come Soon)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Changes Were Made (More to Come Soon)  (Read 6318 times)
Frequent Contributor
« on: Aug 27, 12, 06:07:26 pm »

Hi all, long time no nothing it seems.  Manga of the Week has been sort of on hiatus since all the staff have been busy with real life stuff.  It's gotten so bad I actually have to do actual site work again. Terrible, I know, but anyway, I stayed up literally all night Friday (feel free to shower me with praise for my dedication to you) working on some tweaks to the site which will hopefully speed things up all as well as make the online viewer more responsive and user friendly, please check out the changes for yourselves.  Unfortunately due to the nature of the changes some things might get a little weird for the next hour or so as some things are incompatible with the way the site used to work and it will take time for the new stuff to make its way through the site.  Everything should be back to normal relatively quickly but there's always the chance I made some mistakes or missed something major so if you notice any glaring problems with the site over the next day or two please be sure to let us know.

Also, as a heads up, sometime in the next week or two I will begin deleting everyone's download history from earlier than one year ago.  The way I have to do this is such that I will have to make it look like I deleted everyone's entire download history but rest assured I will be bringing back all the data which is less than one year old over the course of the coming weeks.  As an Easter egg, anyone who complains about their download history being removed during the restoration process, demonstrating that they didn't read this post, will have their user id added to the list of people whose entire download history will be deleted.  I look forward to seeing how many people are willing to whine about the site but not bother reading my posts.  The alternative to this remove everything and rebuild process would be to take the entire site offline while I do the pruning, so you can probably imagine why I prefer doing it the other way despite all the angst I'm sure there will be from those who can't be bothered to read and be patient.  Some of you may have been around a few years ago when everyone's download history was completely lost so you at least should appreciate that while doing this may suck in the short term, in the long run it will allow us to continue to keep at least 1 year of download history indefinitely.

- Yukimura

EDIT - Apparently KaKaR had actually posted MotW this week despite being on vacation so I stand corrected on that. KaKaR deserves plenty of dedication appreciation as well as she works herself to the bone for the site constantly and sometimes quite irrationally.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 12, 12:25:34 am by Yukimura » Logged

« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 12, 07:45:00 pm »

Dear Yukimura-sama, thank you for all your hard work!!! XD
As for the download history, I don't really care about it, the only time when I wonder about ti is when I download something only to discover I've already read it u_u!
Keep up the good work and thanks a lot again Smiley

I want to be the whisper of a city that doesn't know who I am...
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 12, 08:18:01 pm »

Seconded.  Thanks for all of your hard work!  This site keeps me from going crazy because of school and real life and such, and it has allowed me to discover so many amazing series.  Please keep up the good work! <3
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 12, 08:23:36 pm »

Thank you for your constant dedication. You're awesome!
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 12, 08:29:35 pm »

fweeeeeeeeeet~ Thanks a lot for the update and pruning~ I thank you for all of your dedication and hardwork for the benefit of the site~! Grin

Live your LIFE as you want, cause it's YOUR LIFE!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 12, 08:47:45 pm »

Thanks for all your hard work!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 12, 09:00:14 pm »

Thanks for the update!
Hard to find time aside from real life but we thank you for all your work and dedication.
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 12, 09:16:16 pm »

i guess what i want to say already been said by those guys above me.. but i got to say it too...
thx for the hard work all this time..
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 12, 09:18:19 pm by vinal » Logged
« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 12, 10:04:25 pm »

Thank you very much for your dedication, time and effort. ignore the whiners!!! I've been coming to this site for over 5 years now and I never had anything bad to say about it. It's one of my daily visits on the internet and I don't want to imagine what I would do without it :S So again, THANK YOU ♥♥♥
« Reply #9 on: Aug 27, 12, 10:20:44 pm »

I'm hoping everything goes smoothly and hassle-free for you. I know that running a site like this must be a headache in itself, I can't even imagine what it takes to run maintenance. D:

Good luck and here's hoping that people actually read this post and don't bother too much about the downtime.
« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 12, 10:43:40 pm »

Thank you very much for your dedication, hard work and consideration concerning the download history.
Good luck Smiley
« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 12, 10:52:10 pm »

Ooh, it was rather exciting to hear from the Site Master!  I only happened to read your post because I donated a bit.  I probably wouldn't have ever noticed if my history had been deleted, but I never complain about stuff, so I was safe for a year anyway. Wink  I want to thank you for your hard work.  I 'specially try to donate because my little area of interest isn't always the most popular but you treat us nicely here.  Good luck and keep up the amazing work.  Hugs.  We appreciate you, even though you might might not hear about it.  MangaTraders makes my life good.
« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 12, 11:16:49 pm »

Thanx dude!!! XD
Shadow Queen
« Reply #13 on: Aug 27, 12, 11:39:16 pm »

*cough*Scroll down to the previous post, I brought MOTW back to life this week despite being on vacation*cough*

Glad to see all my crying about slowness of site finally answered <3
« Reply #14 on: Aug 28, 12, 12:03:39 am »

hi ya and thx for all the hard work you did over the weekend but i have just a question about the download list. i have no problem when a part of that is deleted, but my concern is the deleted part for exsample. i downladed one titel and it is deleted now from the list is it still marked as already downloaded in the infosite of the manga? pm would be great

sig+ava made by myself

music makes the world better
my thoughts are in japan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: