Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Majin Devil & Crystal Dragon  (Read 3041 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Aug 04, 12, 10:45:08 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Majin Devil suggested by Lap17 & Crystal Dragon suggested by weronique.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
The creature standing on top of the evolution system aren't human, but a creature named as Majin. Majin Devil is a story about a young nerd who fights against monsters of all sort, and eventually faces Majin who wants to take his body.

-

Series Summary:
Arianrhod is a young girl from an island called Erin. She is different from all the other kids her age. All the others in the tribe have blond hair while Arian is the only one with black hair and because of this she was bullied many times. One day a traveler in silver clothing came to Erin and “named” Arian. To be named is very important because it reveals one's true self. After that the Master Drisu takes Arian in as his disciple because she was “named” by the stranger. Balor is the evil leader of Death Valley and one night he murdered all the people in Arian's tribe, and she swears to get vengeance on Balor.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 12, 09:03:25 pm »

Wow, that plot summary for Crystal Dragon was so badly written.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 12, 04:53:39 pm »

Wow, that plot summary for Crystal Dragon was so badly written.
Also spoiled the shit out of it.

Grin Another of my recommendations got selected Grin

I like Majin Devil specially due to his amazing mc in the second part, not to mention that since it's so short Oh-great! didn't had the time to go crazy on the plot.

"Joke aside" there is no life
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 12, 11:19:38 am »

When I went to the Crystal Dragon's page, the storyline is totally different. Should I still try it?
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 12, 08:13:16 am »

Public Service Announcement for fans - if you're visiting a manga page and see spoilers - PLEASE CHANGE IT!!  Don't leave it up and ruin it for new fans!!
Shadow Queen
« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 12, 11:02:02 am »

If any of you can write a better description up or know of a better summary please update it on the series page.  Users can fix these kind of issues on a series page and are encouraged to do so if they see any wrong info there.  I get info from MU since I haven't read any of the series myself so I have no way of knowing if the synopsis is wrong/off unless it's pointed out.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 12, 01:16:53 pm »

Crystal Dragon has an awesome plot, and fairly well researched and drawn historical/archaeological background.

Still can't stand all that shoujo-ish fangirly and unnecessary yaoi crap.

Edit typos
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 12, 08:09:58 pm by Bertu » Logged
« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 12, 10:00:07 am »

I wrote a new summary for Chrystal Dragon's page. Hopefully, it's less spoiler filled and captures the essence of the first chapter better than the previous one. I might have chosen the wrong spellings for some of the names, though. orz
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 12, 08:09:19 pm »

You, sir, did a magnificient job.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: