Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsArchived Series of the WeekManga of the Week - Akagami no Shirayukihime & Suicide Island
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Akagami no Shirayukihime & Suicide Island  (Read 2521 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: May 27, 12, 11:05:37 am »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Akagami no Shirayukihime suggested by Kraco & Suicide Island suggested by sadcrescentmoon.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Shirayuki was a young girl born with unique apple-red hair. She meets a famous but foolish Prince Raji, who falls in love with her at first sight and orders her to become his concubine. With nowhere else to go, Shirayuki cuts her hair and escapes to a neighboring country. While traversing through the forests, she meets a young boy, Zen, who helps her after she boldly cures his wounds but then gets poisoned by an apple given to Shirayuki. Meanwhile, Prince Raji sends out henchmen to search for her. What will happen to Shirayuki? What is Zenís true character? A refreshing fantasy story between an optimistic heroine and a prince who constantly stays on her watch.

-

Series Summary:
Treating non-successful suicidal patients requires a lot of money and resources. With low budget and a personal respect argumentation, a doctor will ask a non-successful suicidal patient if he/she still wants to live on or not. If not the government will respect his/her wish. However, the government doesn't just simply kill them.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 12, 01:41:23 pm »

I was thinking of reading Suicide Island, this was the final push, i'm gonna read it right now, thanks Smiley

"Joke aside" there is no life
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 12, 04:58:28 am »

Didn't Akagami no Shirayukihime already became manga of the week in the past?
Shadow Queen
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 12, 11:40:26 am »

Didn't Akagami no Shirayukihime already became manga of the week in the past?

Sad Yest, it did.  It wasn't in the archived MOTW list that I have and now that I looked through the posts I see it there.  My bad, completely forgot that it already had been featured. /me goes to sulk in the corner
« Last Edit: May 28, 12, 12:34:11 pm by KaKaR » Logged
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 12, 12:00:57 pm »

Yes, but it's a really awesome manga, so it almost deserves to be featured twice Grin
At first I thought that it was just a spin-off of Snow White, but it's way different.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 12, 01:09:02 pm »

Don't blame Kakar. I actually bullied her on irc so ruthlessly she had no other choice but to add it a second time. So terrible was my menace and so dreadful the psychological damage that she couldn't even point me out here as the real culprit.

I feel highly accomplished.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 12, 04:08:31 pm »

Well, this is almost off-topic, but i read Suicide Island (all that there is available anyway) and it become an instant favourite for me.

I absolutely recommend it.

"Joke aside" there is no life
« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 12, 12:50:38 am »

reached the part where he corners his enemies in the dark of the mountain. Such deep psychological view, but so easy to read...... AWESOME!!!

has holyland aver make it to manga of the week?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: