Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Octave & Change 123  (Read 2389 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Apr 29, 12, 09:51:30 am »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Octave suggested by CrimsonWater & Change 123 suggested by Slinky.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
When she was young, Yukino Miyashita wanted, more than anything else to become an idol. After accomplishing her dream, however, the idol group she was part of failed to sell, and she returned to school, facing alienation from her peers. Now, at age 18, Yukino is living alone in Tokyo, half-heartedly trying to start a new life as a talent manager, while not quite able to put her idol days behind her. She meets Setsuko, a songwriter who also once belonged to a failed idol group. The romance sparked by her encounter with Setsuko causes Yukino to reevaluate her own life.

-

Series Summary:
Meet Motoko, a girl with a very strange problem. In order to cope with her three adoptive fathers' incredibly intensive training methods, she developed three multiple personalities plus her own, each with a different martial specialty. But what happens if none of them can beat her opponent on their own? And what further nugget of wisdom will be imparted by the great Kamen Raider?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 12, 12:08:10 pm »

Ah, Change123 is a lot of fun. A bit ecchi too if you are into that sort of thing. I would have liked to have seen it go on a few more volumes, but at least it has a decent ending and didn't overstay its welcome like other manga (COUGH*Bleach*COUGH).
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 12, 12:53:54 pm »

yeah Change 123 was quite fun enjoyed reading it, which reminds me to add it to my favorite list
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 12, 08:29:42 pm »

Decided to try it based on the recommendation.  Was kinda too ridiculously out there for my tastes.  Chapter 1, guy has access to handguns and "military-grade" super drugs.  O... K...  I put that past me and tried chapter 2.  All ok up until the end when wonderboy from school has his own spy satellite.  WTF.

I read chapter 1-2, don't think I'll get to the 3.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 12, 06:38:10 am »

Good choices this week, read and liked them both.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 12, 04:25:10 am »

OK, decided to read the third chapter, then... finished the series.  Fun throughout, though I found the ending somewhat unsatisfying.  I mean, it's the ending they were leading up to, and was pretty much predictable, but I guess I wanted to see more of them after the "big conclusion". 
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 12, 07:57:53 pm »

I'll bite and give these a try. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: