Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsArchived Series of the WeekManga of the Week - Battle Angel Alita & Tsuki no Shippo
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Battle Angel Alita & Tsuki no Shippo  (Read 2124 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Apr 22, 12, 10:03:45 am »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Battle Angel Alita suggested by sadcrescentmoon & Tsuki no Shippo suggested by AAotD.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Alita is a powerful cyborg with a soft heart and a mysterious past. Her second lease on life isn't easy: her heart is broken, she gains and loses friends to the cruel world of the Scrapyard far below the Utopian city of Tiphares, and she serves many masters in her quest to protect the innocent and create a new life for herself.

-

Series Summary:
Usagi is the granddaughter of the leader of a prestigious ninja village, but she's such a klutz that she's never made it out of the lower class. Frustrated with Usagi's lack of progress, her grandfather sends her to marry Lord Hanzo with an order to breed many ninja children. But the lord has no interest in her or her childbearing potential!
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 12, 09:56:24 am »

I all want to say is that Alita is a MUST read
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 12, 03:58:34 pm »

I all want to say is that Alita is a MUST read

Yeah, kind of surprising Gunnm hadn't been presented already a long time ago. It was the first manga I bought back in the day (although I had bought some manhwa earlier).
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 12, 07:30:46 am »

Yeah I had already read Alita under the Gunnm title ages ago.
I got Tsuki no Shippo and even if you know how it will end up, I was surprised. The character is not too annoying (well at least at the beginning) and quite funny. I like this genre of shojo. I wish thought that the mangaka would have worked harder on making the males look different.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 12, 07:13:47 pm »

I really liked Tsuki no Shippo... is good manga shoujo. And the males are ok hehe I like the author style. I'm still not sure about reading Alita.

I was like, what the Lump!, so I'm crashing this party
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: