Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Jackals & Karneval  (Read 2563 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Mar 11, 12, 02:15:07 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Jackals suggested by JackSkellington & Karneval.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Cicero City, a city infested with immigrants where people of all races scramble to find work and shelter. Infested with destruction and slaughter, it's a chaotic society. Living on the outside of society, the Jackals are professional assassins with no allegiance, available to the highest bidder. This is their story.

-

Series Summary:
Nai searches for someone important to him, with only an abandoned bracelet as a clue. Gareki steals and picks pockets to get by from day to day. The two meet in a strange mansion where they are set up, and soon become criminals hunted by military security operatives. When Nai and Gareki find themselves desperate in a hopeless predicament, they encounter none other than the country's most powerful defense organization - "Circus"!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 12, 12:41:11 pm »

I absolutely love Karneval. Not only is the art so sweet and pleasing to the eye, the characters to me are at the same time unique and people who are relatable, even if only to a certain extent when it comes to a world full of creatures I've never heard of before. I adore the main character, though it feels more like the story is centered around a group of people than the actual main character. Still, it's an awesome read, and funny too. I would recommend it to anyone with a taste for magic and fantasy.

Lady of Ciel welcomes you.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 12, 05:25:47 pm »

Totally agree with Lady of Ciel-chan!
The art is just so unique and special, not to mention the chibi the mangaka draws is just so cute!!
Also the sheeps are just so adorable...
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 12, 09:49:03 pm »

Finished Reading Jackal sometime back, thanks for the highlight! Enjoyed it thoroughly , only wished it went on for longer ! Cant wait to see if a sequel comes up ? With all the characters now grown up!!!

Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: