Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Bambino! & Kodomo no Omocha  (Read 2146 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Mar 04, 12, 01:47:57 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Bambino! suggested by popalopa and gamerora & Kodomo no Omocha.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Shogo Ban, a college student from Fukuoka, likes to cook. Thanks to the owner of the restaurant where he works part-time, he finds himself working at the line of Roppongi's best Italian restaurant, Trattoria Baccanale, and discovers that the real deal isn't quite as easy as he'd thought. The manga follows Ban as he struggles to keep up with the hectic workload and his co-workers, along with issues outside the kitchen like his relationship with his girlfriend Eri, who he left behind in Fukuoka.

-

Series Summary:
Sana Kurata, a child actress, faces many problems in her classroom, including a major one - her bullying classmate, Akito Hayama. Sana's outgoing and friendly nature leads her to work towards correcting all of the problems around her. Her 'meddling' irritates Hayama but at the same time captivates him, just as Hayama's gloomy nature irritates Sana and compels her to change him. As these two opposites attract each other, they face many hardships which bring them closer to a mutual understanding.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 12, 07:52:11 am »

i just read bambino which is great, but now i really need bambino secondo (the sequel).
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 12, 09:01:07 am »

Ha, when I read the article, I was like, yeah Bambino!! I really enjoyed it... Btw I had suggested it years ago, I actually thought my suggestion had been rejected, which is too bad as Bambino! is really nice and different from what we usually read. I mean the cooking genre has been done before, but I think not enough, because there's a lot of possibilities. Also Bambino! has this little slice of life part, which make it more realistic and super attaching. And then I saw my name. Thanks for putting my suggestion forward.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 12, 04:41:42 am »

Kodomo no Omocha is one of  those unfortunate manga with random untranslated speech bubbles. It's quite irritating as I find it quite a decent manga (at least as far as I've read it).

Ha, when I read the article, I was like, yeah Bambino!! I really enjoyed it... Btw I had suggested it years ago, I actually thought my suggestion had been rejected...

According to my observations a series must have a good number of (translated) volumes out before it's qualified for Manga of the Week. Maybe that was the reason.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 12, 03:46:57 am »

Well by years ago I just meant a long time... It probably just was last year kekeke...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: