Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsArchived Series of the WeekManga of the Week - Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn & Ouran High School Host Club
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn & Ouran High School Host Club  (Read 2929 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Feb 26, 12, 12:47:41 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn suggested by giovark and outlaw & Ouran High School Host Club suggested by SuperSheba.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Tsuna comes home one day, only to be greeted by a little baby mafioso who apparently is his new home tutor. His job is to guide Tsuna into his role as the 10th Boss of the Vongola mafia family. With the help of all his new friends and an array of special items such as the "Dying Will Bullet", he might just be able to do it.

-

Series Summary:
In this screwball romantic comedy, Haruhi, a poor girl at a rich kids' school, is forced to repay an $80,000 debt by working for the school's swankiest, all-male club--as a boy! There, she discovers just how wealthy the six members are and how different the rich are from everybody else...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 12, 09:46:31 pm »

These two very different series are two of my favorites!  I would just say with Reborn! that if the humor at the beginning is not to your taste, stay tuned, because the action ratchets up by volume 8.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 12, 01:15:45 am »

I began to watch hitman reborn but stopped because it wasn't my thing. But have to say that it was pretty cool.
On the other hand, Ouran High...
I love it. Both the manga and anime are really cute with that whack of comedy and romance.
But both of the endings weren't the satifying...
« Reply #3 on: Feb 29, 12, 02:19:28 am »

Reborn: funny, has great action too, and actually I love the story. But since the whole future arc thing, I begin to like it less.. Well, too much long arc for me, but I still reading it =)
Ouran: never read until the ending, but you should read it. It's cute, beautiful, you can laugh and feel the romance at the same time. =D
« Reply #4 on: Feb 29, 12, 04:29:46 pm »

Reborn and Ouran are my all-time favorites - KHR for shounen and Ouran for shoujo :DD
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 12, 12:39:13 pm »

Two of the best mangas ever! <33333

« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 12, 09:02:32 am »

Tbh Ouran and Reborn are kinda like the same time... Super funny and cool att the beginning but gts really repetitive after. Reborn's concept is really great and using rings and all that jazz to fight was pretty cool. The bad guys are also great, and actually I really enjoyed the twist in both the arc future and the one after but really the repetition makes in more and more boring.. We know he's going to go through some hardship and get better and kill the bad guy... The one interesting thing is to see what kind of upgrades they're going to get through their rings... So basically nice concept, poor execution.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 12, 06:08:11 pm »

ouran and reborn are both awesome series - both hilarious and funny, yet the serious scene's are magnificent. praise to both!

Zeroe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: