Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsArchived Series of the WeekManga of the Week - Great Teacher Onizuka & Anatolia Story
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Great Teacher Onizuka & Anatolia Story  (Read 3034 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Feb 10, 12, 10:04:37 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Great Teacher Onizuka suggested by Draconalis & Anatolia Story.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Meet Eikichi Onizuka, a 22-year-old ex-biker. He's crude, foul-mouthed, and has a split-second temper. His unlikely goal: to be the Greatest High School Teacher in the World! Of course, the only reason he wants to be a teacher is so he can try to score with the hot students...
Before he can become a full instructor, he's got to work as a student teacher to earn his credentials. Onizuka may think he's the toughest guy on campus, but when he meets his class full of bullies, blackmailers, and scheming sadists, he'll have to prove it.

-

Series Summary:
Yuri, a modern day teenager who had just received her first kiss, is suddenly whisked away to ancient Anatolia where an evil queen wants her for a blood sacrifice. Luckily, the timely intervention of Prince Kail saves Yuri from the queen's grasp. For now. Kail promises to send Yuri back to her home, but the queen's persistent schemes to kill them both, plus their growing interest in each other, keep those plans delayed.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 12, 11:23:18 am »

Great Teacher Onizuka, heem, emmm don't know what to say about it, actually i don't know if i'm gonna read it =P but i'm checking it later =D

Anatolia Story, i really like this manga, recommend everyone to read it =)
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 12, 03:57:33 pm »

GTO is freaking awesome
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 12, 07:48:17 pm »

I watched the anime some time ago and I have to admit it's pretty funny and cool!
Maybe I should check the manga...
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 12, 04:36:38 pm »

I have seen Great Teacher Onizuka kicking around but it just doesn't seem to be me.
 No magic, maybe?

Anatolia Story, on the other hand looks fairly awesome but I am scared to read it because it's labelled as a tragedy.  It always pisses me off to read a long series with a bad end because it ruins the whole the story.  You can have the most amazing story in the world but if it ends badly then that it- instant hate.
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 12, 04:40:26 pm by ladyaubreya » Logged

Just Be...
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 12, 05:48:59 am »

Don't worry - it is tragic in between (makes it real), but everything ends good in Anatolia story.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 12, 07:30:57 pm »

GTO is a must reading. I checked the first volume of Anatolia and, sincerely, I found the story quite similar to other shoujos I've read.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 12, 05:55:17 am »

lols. what a coincidence, i was reading GTO yesterday. XD i've seen the anime and the live action some years ago and only yesterday i thought, why don't the manga next? :3 but i didn't start at the beginning tho. i randomly started some chapter that wasn't seen in anime/LV.

|・ω・`)
モニチです。
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 12, 08:39:31 pm »

I have seen Great Teacher Onizuka kicking around but it just doesn't seem to be me.
 No magic, maybe?

Anatolia Story, on the other hand looks fairly awesome but I am scared to read it because it's labelled as a tragedy.  It always pisses me off to read a long series with a bad end because it ruins the whole the story.  You can have the most amazing story in the world but if it ends badly then that it- instant hate.

the story has a good happy ending its just alot of the inbtw is a bit sad but it fits the era very well. ^^ my fav story read it like 6 times already
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 12, 03:53:18 am »

anatolia story...like it!!!!! TQ for post it!!!!!!! if not, i will never know!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 12, 08:31:50 am »

don't really know why anatolia story is labeled as a tragedy because is anything but, true there are some sad events during the story, but as somebody said it only lends credibility to the story, anyway the drama tag covers this quite nicely, personally i loved it and i'll recommend it to anybody who wants a nice fantasy manga that doesn't get ridiculous over the time and has everything from hilarious events that can make you roll on the floor laughing to sad moments that will make you want to strangle the author Roll Eyes Cheesy and everything in between
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: