Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kuroshitsuji  (Read 908 times)
« on: Jan 17, 12, 11:10:56 pm »

Why the manga story line is different from the anime?

and why the anime ended so badly?

Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 12, 11:01:35 am »

I have always felt that the Anime is usually a really "crappy" adaption of the Manga, there are always some exceptions to the rule, of course.

I'm guessing it's because the Manga series is Ongoing and so the directors had to make up an ending of their own.
And to support their self created ending, they had to, perhaps, alter the story-line a bit?
Take Fruits Basket as an example. The Anime and Manga have almost completely different story-lines at the ending. The some goes for Ouran High School Host Club.

I typeset for Midnight Scans.
Time is my enemy.
Glasses are sexy. Beards are not.
Where is the pink candy van when you need it?
Why did I ever wish to grow up?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 12, 12:00:43 am »

I agree it happens to a lot of anime and manga adaptions, that the anime catches up to the manga, and the anime needs an end that the manga can't provide yet.

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 12, 12:48:55 am »

I agree, most ongoing manga's turned anime, have almost the same story line at the beginning, but right at the middle the become different. The Writer of the manga's are involved in the making of the anime's so, what is reflected on the anime should had have consent from the writers themselves.

« Last Edit: May 02, 12, 01:08:48 am by yunachan018 » Logged

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 12, 02:15:14 am »

Usually animes that are aired before the manga ends have different plotlines from the original story (which is the manga). The directors have an option of airing filler episodes until they have enough stuff from the manga to put in the anime, but not many people like that so it's either that or the completely diverge from the original story and make a new ending just for the anime. I suppose they have to get consent from the mangaka though...

Personally, I don't think differing plots from the manga and anime is bad. Just think of it as getting a gallon of ice cream with two flavours~.

And yeah, the ending sucked ass didn't it? Really, I still prefer the Kuroshitsuji manga because it's just pure awesome, but I'm still glad I got to see the anime because I'm a big fan of Alois and his zettai ryouiki haha.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 12, 09:35:18 pm »

I agree. I think Kuroshitsuji manga ver is much better than anime ver, but anime ver is still very good although I don't like the way they ended it.

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 14, 02:52:17 pm »

I think it has a lot to do with the licensing, if that is the correct term for it, when it is being adapted. Some incomplete manga being adapted into anime are given big leeway by the Mangakas And I don’t think they make any “major” decision making in the anime (at least that’s what I know about BLEACH mangaka). Also it’s a great way for a director to show off his/her talents even if it sucks.
The Black Butler anime certainly sucks in three ways for me:
a.   The adaption lacks consistency to the original. Not only in their re-arranging of certain events but on a whole mega plot level
b.   The best arc (at least for me) was aborted. That is the Circus Arc
c.   The replacement arcs sucked EPICALLY. If the new arcs were better than the Manga’s one   it wouldn’t have been so bad but damn. This was not one of those cases.

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 14, 02:54:24 pm by dqueen12 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: