Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsArchived Series of the WeekManga of the Week - The World God Only knows & Mekakushi no Kuni
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - The World God Only knows & Mekakushi no Kuni  (Read 3249 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Jan 01, 12, 01:36:19 pm »

We wish everyone a very happy new year. May this year be a prosperous one for everyone.

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on The World God Only knows suggested by ChineseboyXX & Mekakushi no Kuni.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Katsuragi Keima is known on the net as the god of getting the girls while in real life he’s known as otamegane and he hates all real girls. However he is approached by Elsie, a devil from hell, to help her in catching runaway spirits that hide in people. Apparently the spirits only hide in the hearts of girls and the only way to get the souls out is by making the girl fall in love so the spirit gets forced out. And he’s not allowed to fail or he will lose his head.

-

Series Summary:
Mekakushi no Kuni is the story of high school student Outsuka Kanade who can sometimes see a person's future with a touch, and transfer student Naitou Arou, whose ESP is limited to past events. When Kanade glimpses an unfortunate incident coming, can she change it? She soon befriends Arou, who's no novice. While Kanade’s power is limited to the near future and is somewhat incontrollable, Arou’s is permanent and he can even use it to see an object’s “memories”. Are these teenaged seers of the past and future made for each other? And who's right: Arou with his "hands off" policy about meddling in people's lives, or Kanade whose more proactive stance has already had unhappy consequences?
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 13, 02:11:10 pm by Yukimura » Logged
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 12, 03:29:58 am »

Can't stop reading Mekakushi no Kuni. I get the same peaceful and sad feeling just the same as I read Natsume Yuujinchou but this one has a bit of good romance too.
It never gets too romantic or too sweet, just the usual ordinary romance life (which IMO is far more better).
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 12, 11:07:39 am »

Land of the blindfolded (Mekakushi no Kuni) siffers from one of my least favorite shoujo set ups. Have the two date at the very start without much chance to build a deep connection between the two (other than how one see into the future and the other sees the past), then, release the break up kracken.  And the majority of the romantic stuff in there is the couple trying to be pulled apart.

The World God Only Knows, I love a manga that can poke fun at itself. Smiley I've been a fan of this one for quite sometime. The start of the series each girl he has to catch is extremely different while making fun of dating sim niches. If your looking for a strung out plot your not going to find it until much latter (think getting the starting signs of more then just catch girl and go around volume 9). despite that I love it and if you can make it to the later volumes once it starts getting a plot which it builds off of all the previously mentioned girls (plus a couple new ones) it gets to be much more fun.

SUGGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!
Stupendous Uploader
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 12, 10:46:57 am »

idk if this is the place to talk about this - but will the motw be updated?
Shadow Queen
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 12, 09:42:25 pm »

idk if this is the place to talk about this

No, this isn't.  You can pm me if there is anything MOTW related other than any input/comment on the series selected which you can post here.

but will the motw be updated?

Yes, it will, this week. (Let's hope all goes well and nothing gets in the way)
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 12, 02:08:38 am »

Mekakushi no Kuni!!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: