Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Cross Game & Btoom!  (Read 3317 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Dec 18, 11, 11:58:11 am »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Cross Game suggested by breakerkakarla & Btoom! suggested by sadcrescentmoon.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Koh Kitamura's father owns a sports store. By helping out at his fathers store he is forced into playing baseball. He has no real interest in it until disaster befalls Wakaba, the prettiest girl in his class and his best friend. Koh experiences life's ups and downs as he works to fulfill his dream of the Koshien.

-

Series Summary:
Sakamoto Ryuuta is an unemployed 22-year-old who lives with his mother. In the real world, there may be nothing really special about him, but online, he's one of the world's top players of the combat game "BTOOOM"!
One day, he awakes in what appears to be a tropical island, though he has no memory of how or why he has come to be there. While wandering around, Ryuuta sees someone and calls out for help. The stranger responds by throwing a bomb at him! Now Ryuuta realizes both that his life is in danger and that he has somehow been trapped in a real-life version of his favorite game! Will Ryuuta be able to survive long enough to figure out how and why he ended up here?
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 11, 12:58:22 am »

HELL YEA CROSS GAME!

Everyone should read literally every manga that Mitsuru Adachi has ever released, and he's been writing since the 70's. Best mangaka out there.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 12, 03:33:14 pm »

Wow no comment about Btooom!? I love what was released from it so far. Reminds me a lot of Battle Royale, but just more action and explosions in comparison to psychological horror
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 12, 02:20:19 pm »

CROSS GAME is the best baseball manga I've ever read... Good recommendation KaKaR Wink
Stupendous Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 12, 12:44:33 am »

Wow no comment about Btooom!? I love what was released from it so far. Reminds me a lot of Battle Royale, but just more action and explosions in comparison to psychological horror

love your comment! I agree that it's alot like battle royale, but not to the point of plagiarism. I like that they use bombs in btooom as opposed to guns in battle royale... to me the bombs involve more strategy to use instead of just shooting up people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: