Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minor Viewer Update - Plus Lack of Manga of the Week  (Read 3464 times)
Frequent Contributor
« on: Nov 19, 11, 03:16:54 am »

First the less good news.  I have worked out a solution to the issue we were having where low bit depth png images turned into a garbled mess in the viewer.  The solution is less than ideal but the images should work once they're reprocessed.  Unfortunately I don't feel like babysitting scripts for a week to reprocess all 4.1 million images in the database just to hunt down the few hundred thousand that might have this issue.  We're going to have to rely on crowd sourcing.  If you come across any pages that looks something like this, when it should look like this, in the viewer, please report the file to the staff so it can be reprocessed. 

The signs you're looking for are the numerous straight lines that seem to have been scratched into the file. Affected files will also appear to be zoomed in on the upper left corner of the original page.  Please let us know either through the report button at the bottom of the viewer or a post in the site support section on the forums if you come across any files like this.

On a brighter note, I've added a tweak to the viewer to make double pages more readable.  Any page that is wider than it is tall will now have an 'Enlarge Image' link. This like will take you to a larger rendering of the image that uses your browser windows full width instead of the limited dimensions of the site.  As of this writing most of these enlargeable images will be stretching out the current relatively small images and will look like crap.  I am in the in the process of reprocessing all the landscape orientated images so they'll look their best in the enlarged mode, the processing should hopefully be done by Monday. 
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 11, 03:26:46 pm by Yukimura » Logged

« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 11, 03:14:50 pm »

You'll burn out a few cores with all the reprocessing.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 11, 03:52:34 pm »

The viewer is cool.  However, I find when downloading from the watched items list having the file size information available to be very useful.  Any chance of getting that back (on the sidebar) or added (to the watched list tab of profile page)?  I know it's picky, just asking.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 11, 06:17:11 am »

goodness. do the viewer function burdens the dl servers?
i've just realized it.
i meant in no way for MT to be private,
but it'll bugs me to see someone uses the viewer function
with even not contributing anything to MT but to 'leech'
(i mean, no account here, no sense of membership, just trespasser, make servers heavier, then the server goes BOOM experienced like too much weight of the IT tech stuff blabla few months ago.)

maybe i'm being sarcastic. but, shh.. :S
Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 11, 04:57:45 pm »

I'm glad you think we're retarded FSHRJA, it's shining votes of confidence like that that make working on improving the site worthwhile!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 11, 01:39:16 pm »

coool
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 11, 11:59:05 pm »

thank you for all your hard work :-) I lo ve te viewer, itlooks great and is ve useful when you can't download anything.

(ps.- Yukimura I love your sense of humor, I missed your sarcasm ;-)   )

I want to be the whisper of a city that doesn't know who I am...
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 11, 09:06:25 pm »

"Plus Lack of Manga of the Week"

What's up with that part of the title? Do you need manga of the week suggestions?
Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 11, 11:16:04 am »

Nothing's up with it, I just threw that in b/c I wasn't doing a Manga of the Week but I posted around the same time MotW usually gets posted. Then KaKaR went and posted one a few hours later, this pushing this thread down off the front page and making me sad.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 11, 12:01:51 am »

Nothing's up with it, I just threw that in b/c I wasn't doing a Manga of the Week but I posted around the same time MotW usually gets posted. Then KaKaR went and posted one a few hours later, this pushing this thread down off the front page and making me sad.

Ha! sad day.

wow. that sig. did you change it recently? that is hot.

(i really hope you haven't had that sig for too long or i'm going to look like an idiot.)
Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 11, 08:42:25 am »

I've had that sig for at least a year or two.  But if it makes you feel better I don't think it makes you look like an idiot, just like like another person who doesn't read my posts, or read them to the end, which leaves you in good company as most users do the same thing.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 11, 11:25:08 am »

I'm glad you think we're retarded FSHRJA, it's shining votes of confidence like that that make working on improving the site worthwhile!
thank you for all your hard work :-) I lo ve te viewer, itlooks great and is ve useful when you can't download anything.

(ps.- Yukimura I love your sense of humor, I missed your sarcasm ;-)   )

please explain to me what's the meaning of those quotes. :S
if it's about my previous statement, it's just me venting out of frustration. so please don't bother.. Sad
i can't read your hidden hints, so said it........ =X
Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 11, 06:52:11 pm »

It was about your previous statement and I was venting out of frustration too FSHRJA.  Frustration at your comments and their implication that the people who run MT are stupid enough to put the viewer on the download servers when the download servers are barely able to keep up with the demands of the site on their own.  Concerns like that don't deserve to be responded to with assuaging but indignation and scorn as far as I'm concerned so that's what I gave you. I imagine a more level headed person would say that I should have just let your comments go b/c they were made in ignorance and perhaps fear but I have trouble letting it slide when people insult me even if it's out of ignorance.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 11, 05:17:10 am »

It was about your previous statement and I was venting out of frustration too FSHRJA.  Frustration at your comments and their implication that the people who run MT are stupid enough to put the viewer on the download servers when the download servers are barely able to keep up with the demands of the site on their own.  Concerns like that don't deserve to be responded to with assuaging but indignation and scorn as far as I'm concerned so that's what I gave you. I imagine a more level headed person would say that I should have just let your comments go b/c they were made in ignorance and perhaps fear but I have trouble letting it slide when people insult me even if it's out of ignorance.

no other words beside a deep apologize to you Yukimura.
thanks for showing me your anger.
i mean in no way to insult you, since i watch the site progress from back 2007 and have seen the competence of the staff.
in short, i won't ask such stupid question again.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 11, 10:51:15 am »

Thank you. You're amazing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: