Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Mangatraders Has Viewer Now  (Read 6279 times)
Frequent Contributor
« on: Nov 04, 11, 05:20:31 pm »

Hi all, I haven't had much to say for a while but now I'm pleased to announce the unveiling of the Mangatraders online manga viewer.  You may have noticed new eyeball like icons appearing on the series and daily uploads pages recently.  Clicking these () icons will let you view the images inside an archive without having to download the whole thing.  This should be a great boon to those of you were suffering from having to wait hours for large volumes to download with nothing to do.  Now you can preview files while you're downloading them.

I know the viewer isn't perfect and doesn't have every feature every other viewer in the world might have but here at Mangatraders we're always working to improve the site and we'll certainly be adding new features and making improvements to the viewer as well.   To address what I predict will be a prominent complaint, we're working on the whole thin double page thing.  The site design is too thin to comfortably fit a 1500px page so we'll have to figure something out to display these pages in more detail.  For now please try to look on the bright side that the standard width pages should look good (fair warning though, png images with less than 8bpp of color don't seem to have converted well).

Addendum
An important feature I forgot to mention is the image list page that was included with the viewer.  Because Mangatraders primarily hosts  volumes and such files regularly contain around 200 images in them we included the ability for users to see the internal name and folder path of each image in any file on the site.  This should be helpful if you are reading a volume and have to stop in the middle and can't quite remember where you were.  To access this page for a file click the view link and then once the first page loads click the link just above the image that starts with 'root/'. 

Another important use for this feature is for you users to help each other by identifying files where the pages sort out of order and either replacing them or letting the community know so either a staff member can rearrange the sorting for the file or someone can replace it with a properly sorting version.  Not all volumes will be well formed when they are uploaded and the only way to know is to look at them.  If you run across a file that seems to be out of order don't just download the file and grumble to yourself, let someone know and help out your fellow fans!
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 11, 01:22:07 am by Yukimura » Logged

« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 11, 05:54:13 pm »

I think that the manga viewer is a very good addition to the site! XD
now I only have to go to one site to get my manga. O(≧∇≦)O
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 11, 06:54:37 pm »

Thank you for placing the viewer  Cheesy
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 11, 06:55:00 pm »

I discovered this function yesterday and waited all day for the post about it to appear so I could say thanks, many-many thanks.))) 
It's very helpful, when you're thinking to download manga or not, just few pages and you know it.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 11, 07:29:51 pm »

Shocked I guess I should visit the forums more offten
I don't read manga online but it's good to see if something is worth downloading   Grin
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 11, 09:42:51 pm »

Thanks for this addition, this will be very helpful for us manga fans

« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 11, 09:50:12 pm »

Well, I'll be. You added something I didn't know I wanted until it was there. That will make seeing if a series if worth downloading or not a lot easier, thanks a lot.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 11, 09:55:09 pm »

Wah!! That's awesome >< Thanks! Don't hav to check through other sites now xD
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 11, 10:31:07 pm »

Neato! I also saw it before the post. Handy since I have to car pool now and end up in the lobby 1 hour before I start so I need something to do and my phone won't display downloaded chapters(probably an app for that somewhere, but just easier if the site has a viewer!).

I also find it handy for the one shots and the one volume series that I have a habit of download and then 'losing' on my hard-drive.

Long story short. . . Woot! Nice addition!

Coitus Connoisseur
« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 11, 10:57:16 pm »

Nice. This viewer is far faster and less clunky than the original.

Good work, Yuki.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 11, 11:02:59 pm »

I've seen it since yesterday (around 20 hours ago)
and i'm curious why there's no announcement since then.

congrats! MT once again takes a step forward! XD
« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 11, 12:49:42 am »

its only now i've noticed it .. what a more convenient way !
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 11, 02:52:34 am »

May I recommend that the manga viewer be launched as a separate popup like component or a floating component where we may view the manga. I believe this would address the thin page design issue.

Last, but not in anyway least, AWESOME job guys, hats off to the entire team.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 05, 11, 02:59:07 am »

love you love you love you
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #14 on: Nov 05, 11, 04:50:52 am »

I'm very pleased to see, that Mangatraders still evolving, adding a new features and gradually getting better and better. Good work, guys!

Achtung! Non-english language user. All complaints about weird phrase constructing will be ignored.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: