Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Shigurui & 7 Seeds  (Read 2860 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Oct 30, 11, 12:50:39 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Shigurui suggested by chiefrayleigh & 7 Seeds.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
At the beginning of the Edo period (1603-1868), when people enjoyed a time of peace, Lord Tokugawa Tadanaga decides to hold a fighting tournament. In the past, matches were fought with wooden swords, but this time real swords will be used. The one-armed Fujiki Gennosuke and the blind Irako Seigen will fight each other in this tournament, even though both of them are disciples of Iwamoto Kogan known as Japan's greatest swordsman. So begins the story of intertwining fates, conflict, and strange destinies.

-

Series Summary:
Scientists had predicted this disaster, and in response, the leaders of every country met to develop a plan for human survival before the meteor hit. The 7Seeds project was developed out of this meeting. Each country froze a number of young healthy people, which allowed them to survive the meteor. After the computer determined that Earth was once again safe for human life, it released them into the world.

The Japanese government created five groups of survivors: Winter group, Spring group, Summer group A, Summer group B, and Fall group. Each group consisted of seven members and one guide. The guide carried small tubes of poison on their necks to allow them to end their lives if their situation became unbearable. The Japanese government prepared seven "Fuji" as refuges for the groups. In each Fuji, the group would find seeds and numerous books instructing them on survival in the wilderness.
Accomplished Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 11, 09:00:36 pm »

7 Seeds! It's better in the flashbacks, and evolution happens too quickly, but it's still good.

*huggles*
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 11, 05:47:20 pm »

Shigurui has both Seinen and Shounen in its genre listings. >_< Anyone know which one it's supposed to be?
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 11, 02:16:13 pm »

oh man 7 seeds is AWESOME. might have some wonky science, but what post-apocalyptic manga doesn't? (seriously, point me towards one and i'd be grateful beyond words)

the characters are wonderful. this is my favorite survival manga BY FAR.

edit: is that ango and ARASHI on the cover, oh my.  Shocked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 11, 07:59:34 am »

From the same author of Basara (an epic romance and battle story), 7 Seeds is freakishly awesome!!! The story and the characters development is unbelievable. I think Yumi Tamura is a genius!!! Can't wait for the next volume to come out!

Highly recommended!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 11, 02:59:04 am »

Shigurui was published on Champion Red. It's a Shonen magazine but I have to say, Shigurui is very Seinen and the best manga I've ever read.

Stereotyping is a form of corruption and it\'s exclusive for idiots.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: