Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Hikaru no Go & Karakuri Odette  (Read 2255 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Oct 22, 11, 01:45:27 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Hikaru no Go suggested by flabbergasted & Karakuri Odette.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
A regular school boy, Hikaru Shindo stumbles upon an old GO board while looking through his grandpa's old storage room for something worth money. From inside the board came an old spirit named Sai who once dedicated his life to GO. Together, Sai continues to search for the move people call "The god's hand" while Hikaru slowly began interest in this ancient game and walks down the road of GO.

-

Series Summary:
Odette is an android designed by Dr. Yoshizawa. Wanting to find the ultimate difference between humans and her, Odette decides to persuade Dr. Yoshizawa to enroll her in a local high school. Follow Odette's adventures, as she ventures through high school, in search of the true meaning of being a human!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 11, 02:02:20 pm »

HikaGo is my favorite.
the only shounen manga that stays on my HDD since the first time i know about scanlation, which is when 15th volume of this manga is still being scanlated. also, the board game it introduces is just awesome. i play it from time to time, compete in few tournament, and teach the basic to friends. so.much.fun!

Oh shit, I forgot to put intentionally wrong grammar on my last post!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 11, 11:14:31 pm »

Those who never read Hikaru no Go before, you better read it.

Introducing a board game that usually played by adults to teenagers is a big risky step. But it turns out that HikaGo can do it beautifully. =)
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 11, 06:57:39 am »

wah~! hikaru no go~! > w < its one of my old time favorite manga! once I've started reading I couldn't put it down. It was also fun seeing how the artist improved on the art gradually and shown the characters being drawn in a way that you can actually see them growing up as you go along the volumes ^^
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 11, 02:57:29 pm »

Hikaru no Go is still one of my favorites.  I remember the scanslations stopping due to licensing and me being so desperate that I got the script of the last few volumes from the translator, bought the missing volumes raw, and finished off the series that way.  And it was worth all that work! 

I can't recommend this enough, even if you don't think you'll enjoy shounen manga about a board game.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 11, 07:45:16 pm »

hell yeah hikago! <333
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 11, 11:05:22 pm »

Hikaru no go is still an enjoyable read even if you know next to nothing about go. The story and the feelings of the players are interesting.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 11, 01:04:29 am »

Hikaru No Go! <3 such an amazing manga... I'm really sad that it ended. Sad and the ending makes me sad too.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 11, 12:36:45 am »

I really enjoyed Hikaru no Go......................
« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 11, 12:31:56 pm »

Hikaru no Go is one of those interesting managa that has a fairly boring sounding premise and falls under the category of sports. Do not let it turn you off even if you've never liked sports manga or the prospect of reading a series about a kid playing roughly the japanese equivalent of chess. Despite all that it is actually an incredibly amusing read, even for those who may not think they have any interest in such a topic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: