Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Otomen & Superior  (Read 2839 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Oct 09, 11, 10:07:25 am »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Otomen suggested by ChineseboyXX & Superior suggested by Kaenryuu.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Asuka is a guy who has likings for girly things like shoujo manga, baking, and sewing. However, his mother forbids him being so and wants him to grow up manly. He starts learning kendo and karate and grows up to be stoic guy. But can he fight the urge of falling in love and hiding his real identity?

-

Series Summary:
The demon queen subdued enormous and powerful monsters and slaughtered over half of the world's population. Surviving members of the human race elected a hero to slay the demon queen, beseeching release from her oppressive rule. However, he questions his mission to eradicate the monsters: in his opinion, they too are conscious and alive, and so he anguishes over that fact. Sheila the Demon Queen became interested in him and decides to join his journey, hiding her identity and planning to kill him after she has gained his trust. Immediately, however, she realizes that she's fallen in love with the hero, and hence their journey begins...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 11, 02:26:52 pm »

Superior was quite an entertaining manga but it seemed to lose its way at some point and meandered through meaningless episodes. But of late it seemed to gain the old momentum. Although the latter volumes go by the name of Superior Cross.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 11, 03:57:06 pm »

I love superior and after volume 9 ends its "10th" volume feels like a second season as it starts going by "superior cross"

The art works is lovely, the humor is snicker worthy, and the plot is distinct. After a bit they do seem to have a village to save of the week feel but that doesn't last too long and it usually gives a push to the plot (even if very minor push its more of a push than you'd get from Inuyasha style saving village of the week)

SUGGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 11, 08:31:16 pm »

Superior!!! <3 one of my MOST favorite manga ever. Absolutely fantastic all the way through.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 11, 07:59:21 am »

ok I'm interested by this superior
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 11, 09:16:26 am »

otomen manga

It's funny and nice but in someway, you got bored =_="

there is no thrilling or many moment of heart beats... but I truly like it <3

I haven't read superior yet , but it's on my list Smiley
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 11, 04:31:48 pm »

Otomen is one that i enjoy a lot recently >,<

・:*:・♪(*KikOs  (≧ε≦○)*)♪☆、。
Pages: [1]
  Print