Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsArchived Series of the WeekManga of the Week - Mahou Sensei Negima & Umi no Misaki
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Mahou Sensei Negima & Umi no Misaki  (Read 2338 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Sep 25, 11, 12:20:38 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Mahou Sensei Negima suggested by ChineseboyXX & Umi no Misaki suggested by phantomit.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Ten-year-old prodigy Negi Springfield, has just graduated from magic academy, and in order to become a master mage he is sent to Japan to teach English at an all-girls middle school. But Negi has a bigger dream than just becoming a master mage. He wants to find his missing father, "The Thousand Master", the strongest mage that has ever lived. And he soon finds that searching for his father wont be as easy as he first hoped. In fact, it pushes him and his students into life-or-death battles that decides the fate of millions.

-

Series Summary:
Goto Nagi has travelled to the southern island of Okitsushima, and ventures out to see Umi no Misaki, a striking cape jutting out into the ocean. But when he arrives, he finds that there is much more to this cape than a wondrous view. There is something peculiar about the cape, and about the island's inhabitants.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 11, 01:57:19 pm »

I've been reading Umi no Misaki since forever... Or at least it feels that way. Remarkably little has happened during all these years. But at least it's a pretty friendly story with little negative feelings and good enough graphics. Love polygons are normally high on my dislike list, but somehow I ended up sticking to reading this.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 11, 02:14:02 pm »

Smiley I've loved Umi no Misaki from day one.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 11, 09:21:03 am »

mahou sensei negima ownage. the anime of it sucked royally compared to the manga each time i check the site i almost cross my fingers hopping for another chapter to come out.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 11, 08:43:14 pm »

Smiley I've loved Umi no Misaki from day one.

Agreed.  I love stories with serious content buried in all the ecchiness, and this one certainly delivers.  Good story line, though I hope that someday we get some more from Rinne's memories from the past.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 11, 08:45:37 pm »

Umi is awesome one of my faves.  negami isnt bad either, its interesting even though its a bit out of my tastes.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 11, 02:46:37 am »

Negima has become one of my favorite mangas, always a good and funny lecture Cheesy
A good choice for the manga of the week...

Still I don't Know Uni no Misaki...
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 11, 11:49:55 pm »

umi no misaki is all about who will get in the pants first. No real plot development. The lead character sucks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: