Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dengeki Daisy  (Read 1382 times)
« on: Sep 06, 11, 05:38:13 am »

Any fans of this manga? (:

Some questions:
- How did you get to know this manga?
- Fav character(s)? moment(s)? chapter(s)?
- Any theories?
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 11, 06:23:41 am »

Hi Smiley
1) I was introduced to this manga by a friend, who insisted I should read it (I never was a large fan of shojo manga so I didn't know many titles)
2) One thing that I didn't like about many romance shojo mangas I have read before Dengeki Daisy (excluding OHSHC etc) was the the female protagonists were mainly portrayed as weak and dependent on the male character.

I was quite happy when I started the manga that Teru rather different (actually she is quite eccentric XD).

Ok, I should stop rambling - fav moment(s): when Teru curses Kurosaki to go bald but he never does ^^, when Teru lets out an epic kick and the victim flies away (ouch)

Also, in the recent chapters, I can see a Kiyoshi/Rena pairing XD

Apparently the Japanese raw scans are up to chapter 50 or over but the English scanlations are only on chapter 41 T.T

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 11, 09:00:30 am »

I love this series and hopefully it will still go for a few more volumes, I do belive it has the potential!

So to your questions:

1) I read Beast Master and loved it!!! The plot was good,  I loved the art and I loved the existing subtle romance. It was so sweet. I bought it as soon as it was out in English! And So I absolutely had to read Degenki Daisy. It has the same good points as Beast Master, but the story is even deeper, and more hilarious!

2) Well, the main pair is my absolute favourite: Teru and Kurosaki. I can't say there is a special chapter, because what makes this whole serie special for me are the up and downs shown, things of everyday life with those tids and bits of romance and fun. I absolutely love all these moments when Kurosaki has htis ungarded moments (not from the readers ;-)! ) and shows his real feelings. His expressions are just so bitter-sweet.

3) In the beginning I was kind of hoping Teru's Brother was alive, but then it showed impossible. For the plot, I guess there is just the whole conspiracy that has to be found out. They have to get to the truth, otherwise it will be really hard on all of them.

Mhm, pairing of Kiyoshi/Rena may well come along, would be nice if at least tere was one happy couple.
I wished that Riko could also find someone. It's just so sad....

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 11, 07:11:46 pm »

Hello Evolutionsmile and Seraja! \o/

I agree on Teru. She's not the whining, complaining or trying to be "cute". The girl actually get things done, when she wants something, she does everything she can to have it.  

Btw it's my little sister who introduced me to the series ^^

What did you think of the latest chapter (translated)?
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 11, 12:41:06 am »

hmm.. I rent this series from the manga rental near my school
Fav moment : when Teru & Kurosaki together (many epic faces there) Tongue
I like this manga >.< hope it'll get more interesting Smiley and funny XD

I'm only one, but still I am one; I can't do everything, but still I can do something; and because I can't do everything I won't refuse to do something that I can do
« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 12, 06:47:35 am »

Well, I was looking for some bases on deviant art, and there was a base with Kurosaki wearing glasses and reading a book and Teru right beside him. Actually that was the first manga I had ever read (that's why I love it so much!). Well the plot is also very interesting, since computers are really my thing. And the illustrations are excellent, and I can say that it's far better than others I have read. Especially the way the mangaka draws their eyes....
Okay my favorite character is Kiyoshi, I really don't know why but I like his character. ( And I think that he'll end up with Rena)
Favorite moment.... Well...... I guess when Kurosaki returned to ''save'' Teru.. (the plan that Teru and the others made to bring Kurosaki back) and she read the e-mails he had sent her, while he was chasing her at the beach.....
And Dengeki Daisy is the reason that I started Japanese lessons!
Hope it goes on!
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 13, 04:58:13 am by CelineJoseph » Logged
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 12, 01:48:25 am »

Well i read mangas on "MANGAREADER" after reading vampire knights (last chapter i read was quiet depressing thats why i was sad) i saw that this manga's no 1 in romance category so i thought of trying it and you know what....this just makes my days all my sadness was  gone and now i don't know any day without reading dengeki daisy again and again Smiley i just can't get tired of it..(blessing for the author)
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 12, 11:19:07 am »

I have go to say, I am a very big fan of this manga. (:  It's interesting and pretty entertaining.  It doesn't just drag the story around.  Although, I go to know this manga, from going through the mangas in Mangatraders.  I have read so many Shojo mangas that I had reached a time where I was getting really bored of them, because they all have similar plots and such.  I downloaded Dengeki Daisy not because it really caught my eye but because I was just basically reading around.  When I finally go to reading it, I was basically hooked and read the entire book in 2 days, to the last chapter that has been updated.  My favorite character is the Tsundere Student Council President, mainly because she reminds me of me. xD  I have too many favorite moments, but there was a part that I thought was super interesting.  It was in a recent chapter of Dengeki Daisy, when The Tsundere Student Council President is still being held captive and she sent them a three page long letter of how much she basically loves her fiancee.  But then, Teru, THE Magnificent Teru, finds out that she had been using lemon to write to them in an Invisible Ink.  It caught my eye alot and so I remember that the most.  But theories? Nah, don't have any, I just hope this book stays interesting all the way until the end. (:

\"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in peoples eyes.\"
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 13, 01:39:56 am »

hello , i was searching a manga and read the plot i was really amaze about the plot i really like it and also my schoolmates love it , may fav scene was when teru-chan and tasuku-chan was in the beach when they were dating it was vol 9 i forgot the chapter hehehehehe
i wish this manga will become an interesting anime :DDDDDD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: