Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Nephilim John & Reimei no Arcana  (Read 2295 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Sep 04, 11, 06:19:20 am »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Nephilim John suggested by Akira1980 & Reimei no Arcana suggested by nappingsister.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Battle angels, Lucifer, demons and holy wars: a nephilim by the name of John is abruptly thrown into this world one day when Mikael, a battle angel, comes crashing into the room he is in.

-

Series Summary:
On that day, I became the enemy's possesion," Nakaba thought as she stood there, knowing her destiny was to be married for convenience to keep the peace between her country Senan and Prince Caesar's country, Belquat; two neighbor countries on a island. Between the two countries there has been a constant war for 200 years and Nakaba has become a sacrificial goat for her country despite the discrimination to her red hair and to the sub-person (half-human, half-animal) Loki, who is her only friend and attendant at Caesar's estranged palace. But what will Nakaba do when she foresees an event pertaining to Prince Caesar's demise? Will she save him? Or let him die in return to all the hate directed towards her by the people of Belquat?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 11, 06:56:56 am »

Reimie no Arcana is quite a nice read. Back in the day, I started to look for manga with a similar atmosphere to Akagami no Shirayukihime, which I greatly adore, and Reimei no Arcana was one such I found.

Quite a traditional story, really, with a damsel much in distress, but at least the lady is neither stupid nor without aims and means of her own. There are also a bunch of other elements in the story I appreciate but no use spoiling it, with only six, or so, volumes out.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 11, 12:19:06 am »

Reimei no Arcana is definitely worth a read!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 11, 05:01:50 pm »

These are both decent reads. Nephilim John has a.... different... art style that may not appeal to everyone, however the plot is worth a read. The ending is a bit open as a warning to those who like conclusive endings, however I do feel it was fitting and an interesting way to close.

Reimei no Arcana is much more generally appealing to those who like shojo. It is fairly interesting and I do agree it is very similar in feel to Akagami no Shirayukihime.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: