Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Sumire 16-sai!! & Lovely Complex  (Read 1643 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Aug 07, 11, 12:42:03 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Sumire 16-sai!! suggested by Catfish017 & Lovely Complex.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
While bicycling to school her first day as a high school student, Renge Ohyama meets a weird girl who on closer inspection appears to be a life-sized doll--and this is not an advanced robotic creation or even a magical doll. Rather, a scary looking middle aged man controls her movements, puppet-like, and speaks for her via ventriloquism. Unfortunately, this perverted-seeming old man and his doll happen to attend her new school. Even worse, is in the same class and sits right behind her. And it seems the doll wants to be friends?!

-

Series Summary:
Risa Koizumi is the tallest girl in class, and the last thing she wants is the humiliation of standing next to Atsushi Otani, the shortest guy. Fate and the whole school have other ideas, and the two find themselves cast as the unwilling stars of a bizarre romantic comedy duo.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 11, 02:42:02 am »

Lovely Complex is one of great shoujo mangas out there. The story is realistic enough for me, and not the typical shoujo storyline. =D
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 11, 06:29:24 pm »

Sumire 16 is making me laugh, thanks for the recommendation.  I love that it's a cheesy, generic, high school drama, but with the constant creepiness of an old dude & puppet.  I'm a little amazed at the number of chapters, though.  And there's even Sumire 17?!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: