Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsArchived Series of the WeekManga of the Week - Dorohedoro & The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Dorohedoro & The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor  (Read 2715 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Jul 31, 11, 01:05:36 pm »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Dorohedoro suggested by 8alery & The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor suggested by wiemma.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
In a city so dismal it's known only as "the Hole", a clan of sorcerers have been plucking people off the streets to use as guinea pigs for atrocious "experiments" in the black arts. In a dark alley, Nikaido found Caiman, a man with a reptile head and a bad case of amnesia. To undo the spell, they're hunting and killing the sorcerers of the Hole, hoping that eventually they'll kill the right one. But when En, the head sorcerer, gets word of a lizard-man slaughtering his people, he sends a crew of "cleaners" into the Hole, igniting a war between two worlds.

-

Series Summary:
16-year-old Kizuna stalks the city at night, flirting with middle-aged salary men and coercing them out of their money. The thrill should be enough to satiate her, but Kizuna remains unsatisfied with her everyday life. That is, until the beautiful Inoue Yuki, also living in Birdcage Manor approaches Kizuna with a job proposition - to model in the nude for Yuki's cousin, a painter and fellow resident Yusei Asai!
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 11, 01:17:07 pm »

The art style takes some getting used to but Dorohedoro has an amazing plot, definitely worth a read.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 11, 03:17:03 am »

Thanks for the recommendation of The sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor, I taked it yesterday and I really enjoy the plot. Wink

Ghibli and Tezuka fan. Smiley
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 11, 04:58:01 am »

Dorohedoro is so my favorite manga in the world. And that's big given the variety of manga I've read. This is the most original story I know.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 11, 11:24:49 pm »

Dorohedoro is pretty awesome and original. Its full of black humor, a fair amount of gore and the art is a little different so not everybody can get into it. But I really like it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: