Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crimson Spell  (Read 1091 times)
« on: Jun 24, 11, 12:21:01 pm »

I can't believe no one thought of starting a form about Crimson Spell when Viewfinder has one, lol.  Though I love Viewfinder, I think that Crimson Spell is YAMANE Ayano best work yet!  What do you yaoi lovers and romanticists think?  In your opinion which is the better series, Crimson Spell or Viewfinder and why?

I mean both stories have super delicious character art and all the drama you could ask for with beautifully strong characters- no doubts.  But I think I like Crimson Spell more probably because of how the story plot moves along easier and probably because I'm a huge fantasy lover anyways, xP.  But I think the reason why I dubbed it the best is because I love the wildness of the uke character's cursed inner self and the aloof/comedy that the seme character brings to the story.  And oh-my-gosh... who DOESN'T love the seme's long, flowing white(?) hair!?  Don't you just want to run your fingers right through it to see how strong and soft it is? *shudder*  Though... that just might be my own personal fetish. ^///^

And what do you all think of Vald the beast's possessiveness at the end of chapter 25?  Sweet, right?  He's totally humanizing!  At that moment I thought he would make the perfect seme! Haha.  Didn't it make you want to know more about the "monster" within the curse and just crave more of the series?  Gosh! I just love the inner beast of Vald! ^^d  I have to say it's probably one of my favorite uke characters in all the yaoi I've read, and I've read my decent share of yaoi.  I wonder why the is...? Lips sealed
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 11, 09:55:59 am »

I'll chime in here. I've enjoyed Viewfinder but I prefer Crimson Spell as well. I think it's the fantasy geek in me. Don't get me wrong I like yakuza yaoi just as well but the wizards and magic world just do it for me.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 11, 12:26:05 am »

I TOTALLY understand that.  There's just something about the unrealistic that is just awesome when it comes too yaoi!  You would probably like the short oneshot Risky Society-God Bless My Justice by the same author.  You should check it out! It's not really magic so much as "superpowers" though, but it's got the same kind of character bases/strength as Crimson Spell.  ^_^
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 12, 11:07:01 am »

I prefer Crimson Spell over Viewfinder, mainly because of the Fantasy theme. It makes impossible, partially seem possible. And the story is just amazing. The inner Fantasy geek in me screams for me. Added to that, the beastly uke and the calm seme. Oh.My.Gosh!!
But, I still like Viewfinder, due to it's, somewhat "realistic" element.

I typeset for Midnight Scans.
Time is my enemy.
Glasses are sexy. Beards are not.
Where is the pink candy van when you need it?
Why did I ever wish to grow up?
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 13, 02:51:42 pm »

Though I enjoy Viewfinder, I also have to agree that I prefer Crimson Spell. I think what I like most is the story. It's different and unique. The way that the relationship developed in CS is another huge plus for me compared to VF. I find myself impatiently waiting for CS to update.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 13, 01:00:17 pm »

Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley Cool Roll Eyes Kiss

I super love Crimson Spell I adore Viewfinder, but crimson oh my gooobles is so good. I am a fantasy geek/nerd/believer and this just gets where it's hottest you know? I just can't wait for an update. My heart skips a beat for it.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 13, 02:23:02 pm »

Haven't read Veiwfinder (yet, probably get around to it). But Crimson Spell is a great series. What's not to love? Magic, swordplay, monsters, cursed prince, complicated love...

I'm new to yaoi, so I don't know all the typical settings / ratios and such, but this series strikes a good balance of action to romance for my tastes. And beast Vald is too sexy for words <3. Ah, to be a curse breaker wizard...
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 13, 05:29:02 pm »

Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley Cool Roll Eyes Kiss

I super love Crimson Spell I adore Viewfinder, but crimson oh my gooobles is so good. I am a fantasy geek/nerd/believer and this just gets where it's hottest you know? I just can't wait for an update. My heart skips a beat for it.
l
I agree with you!!!!!It's fantastic!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: