Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsArchived Series of the WeekManga of the Week - Flat (AOGIRI Natsu) & Onani Master Kurosawa
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga of the Week - Flat (AOGIRI Natsu) & Onani Master Kurosawa  (Read 3518 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: May 15, 11, 10:40:30 am »

This week, our manga spotlight has shined on Flat (AOGIRI Natsu) suggested by Neobaka101 & Onani Master Kurosawa suggested by Slinky.  If you are unfamiliar with these manga be sure to check them out!

Series Summary:
Heisuke is a high school student who is left in charge of taking care of his little cousin Aki for a day. Being an only child who usually stays at home alone, Aki is quiet, reserved, and will go out of his way not to make trouble for others. As they spend more time together, Aki begins to grow very attached to Heisuke, especially since Heisuke's hobby is to make sweets and desserts. The quiet Aki eventually opens up to Heisuke, and Heisuke in return teaches Aki that sometimes it's all right to be selfish and say what you really want to do.

-

Series Summary:
Onani means masturbation. And that's what this guy is good at. Every day after school, he sneaks into the mostly unused girls bathroom on the 3rd floor, and masturbates. Until one day when he's caught...

This is a story of mistakes, redemption, and the choices made in between. It contains the worst and best of the human condition.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 11, 05:27:15 pm »

Thanks for the recommendation, I really enjoyed this manga (Onani Master Kurosawa).
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 11, 05:32:34 pm »

By a weird coincidence I just read Onani Master Kurosawa before this. I had been told it was good for something of it's subject matter, but I was actually just flat out amazed by this by the standards of ANYTHING, let alone the subject matter. It's an absolutely brilliant read, I highly recommend it.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 11, 02:43:38 am »

I've never read Flat, but I have read Onani Master Kurosawa and its most defiantly deserving of a feature.

It manages to take a very awkward subject matter thats often either completely avoided or turned into something humorous or disgusting and creates a serious and realistic series that isn't boring. In short I'd likely describe it as one of those masterpieces who's title scares people away.

Its a brilliant story. Every character, even the minor ones, are portrayed so perfectly in their behaviors and reactions that you could actually see the events playing out in real life... though admittedly in a very odd situation you'd rather probably not find yourself having to deal with.

Excellent series, read it to find out for yourself. Its also not particularly "graphic" for those who might be worried. Mature topic, but not mature visuals (though its still definitely PG13+)
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 11, 03:34:23 am »

Onani Master Kurosawa picks up after the first few chapters.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 11, 10:07:29 pm »

Wow I'm almost done with volume 1 of Onani Master Kurosawa and I'm very impressed. I was curious how a manga with a title such as this would get on the front page. I love Kurosawa, the first time I saw him and the way he is personality-wise, he's a much more realistic version of Light Yagami. And I love all the "Fap Note" references. I also really enjoy the art-style the artist uses.
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 11, 10:22:24 pm »

i was skeptical at first, but chose to read it (onani master kurosawa) after all (and only) great reviews. AND IM SO GLAD I DID! there is a certain epicness to this manga that you can only understand after reading it... read it!
« Last Edit: May 17, 11, 09:55:08 pm by sle3pyheadz » Logged
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 11, 01:12:17 pm »

i like the 1st 2 volume. Its a bit more like death note and code geass: lelouch feel. but the next 2 volume is just more like normal daily life manga.

Use the spoiler tag please (circle with black and yellow triangles).-- Kakar
« Last Edit: May 17, 11, 03:15:38 pm by KaKaR » Logged
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 11, 01:19:17 pm »

Onani master Kurosawa, how I loved this manga.
I read it about two years ago and I still have it saved on my PC, every now and then I read it again and every time I'm in awe.
Character-wise, it's probably the best manga I've ever read.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 11, 06:13:57 am »

Just FYI buh the author for Onani Master Kurosawa made a sequel, though it's not in Manga form.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 11, 10:53:37 pm »

OMK
Worst piece of crap I've ever read - artwork not even up to average. I skipped through the pages thinking it might get better only to find the same greyish sketches - I could have shed tears of blood from all the expectations, damn!! ~_~

Take a look at those two open hands of yours. They are tools with which to serve, make friends, and reach out for the best in life.  Open hands open the way to achievement.  Put them to work today.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 11, 05:36:02 am »

Tjool, you're contradicting yourself. You say that it's the worst crap you've ever read, and immediately say that you skipped through the pages looking at the artwork. -.-'
Besides this is not done by a pro, it's a doujinshi (self-published work). So I can only say that ISE Katsura (the author) has done a brilliant work with the story.
Personally, I don't mind Yoko (the artist) drawings, even though it took me some time to get used to it.
Even though they look like rough sketches, it didn't really affect the story.

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 11, 01:07:06 am »

OMK
Worst piece of crap I've ever read - artwork not even up to average. I skipped through the pages thinking it might get better only to find the same greyish sketches - I could have shed tears of blood from all the expectations, damn!! ~_~

If you're just looking at the pictures thats not "reading," besides it not the artwork that makes this series great, its the plot, however this still has decent art, I've seen much much worse.

This is not your generic popular shounen fare and so will not appeal to everyone. Its a more mature written series that focuses on serious topics and realistic presentation, reaction and resolution.  If you don't have a mindset that can appreciate something like that well then thats personal taste, however this is far from the worst piece of crap ever. Its brilliant in its own right.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 11, 02:38:07 am »

hai, hai, let me rephrase it "I skipped through the pages looking at the artwork AND it's the worst crap I've ever read"  Undecided
(that was for caragou)

Besides which I did read the first chapter through and through - so this IS called reading!! ~_~
I mean DAMN!! - we are talking about "Manga of the week" here - there must be something awesome about the manga for it to be commended. You can't go about comparing to other "worst piece of crap" (am starting to regret that expression now; didn't know it was the artist first work...it's not intended to hurt anyone's feelings) and say that it has a good level for it to be recommended.

I was under the impression that "manga of the week" is intended to like "hey mate, I read that manga and it knocked me off my feet - this is a must read, I beg you to try it ^_^"

Take a look at those two open hands of yours. They are tools with which to serve, make friends, and reach out for the best in life.  Open hands open the way to achievement.  Put them to work today.
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 11, 08:10:36 am »

So with only one chapter read you judge this manga "the worst piece of crap you have ever read"  Roll Eyes. Maybe you should read more manga but let me tell you that you can't judge a work after reading just one chapter, as Rhyu have stated this is not your usual shonen, it has a plot and character development  Tongue.
This series has all the right to be "Manga of the week", it is highly recommended because
"hey mate, I read that manga and it knocked me off my feet - this is a must read, I beg you to try it ^_^"
I humbly suggest that you read at least one volume and then come here to say if you still think is a piece of crap.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: