Stay Logged In?

MangaTraders ForumsSiteFront page updates/AnnouncementsGuidelines for Manga of the Week Suggestions
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guidelines for Manga of the Week Suggestions  (Read 3172 times)
Shadow Queen
« on: Mar 18, 11, 12:58:17 pm »

It always disheartened me how many people donít care to read the complete MOTW post, in which I clearly state  where to send MOTW suggestions (It's written in bold and italics so it stands out).  Despite my efforts I often find suggestions lying around in different places on the forums or in the inboxes of other staff members.  Letís try it one more time in a bit more detail and hopefully you all will pay attention to it since there are no series for you to skip to in this post.  If you would like to see your favorite series featured as Manga of the Week then PM me (KaKaR) your suggestions through the forum PM system.  I have included some guidelines at the bottom of the post for you.  Suggestions will remain open until I say otherwise in a post. 

Note: I am aware that there are good one-volume manga out there and I want to eventually incorporate them into MOTW at some point, but not right now.  If enough people prefer that they should be featured then I might change my mind.  You can post your thoughts about one-volume series in this thread. 

How to properly suggest a series for MotW:
  • Put 'Manga of the Week Suggestion' as the pm subject.
  • Suggested series can be from any genre or series type that we host on MT.
  • Multi volume series suggested must have at least 2 volumes scanslated.
  • Please try to include completed and fully scanlated series in your suggestions also.
  • You can send more than one suggestion in a pm, if you do please list them in order of your preference so I know which one you want to see featured the most.
  • Try to check Archived Manga of the Week thread and board to make sure what you are suggesting hasnít already been featured before.
  • A brief explanation of why you think the series deserves to be featured will go a long way towards making your suggestion stand out.  Try to keep it around 250ish words though.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 11, 08:56:33 am by KaKaR » Logged
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 11, 05:59:36 pm »

Personally, I'd vote to allow 1-volume manga. Perhaps not one-shots (as in, manga that are only one chapter long), though I don't feel particularly strongly against that. But I do think that it would be good if 1-volume manga would be allowed.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 11, 12:26:00 am »

i actually enjoy the weekly posts of manga recommendations. though i may not make a reply posts but its good to see all the titles other users of the site reads
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 11, 12:47:28 pm »

It always disheartened me how many people donít care to read the complete MOTW post

It's because you have a tendency to write walls of text, which no one likes to read. If you really want people to read something, keep it short and simple.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 11, 10:26:17 pm »

i actually enjoy the weekly posts of manga recommendations. though i may not make a reply posts but its good to see all the titles other users of the site reads

i agree! i share the MOTW recommends with my friends who are self declared otaku, and there are quite a few titles they have not read/heard of before.

i like having a nice wide variety of different types of manga, most of which i actually end up following (= weekends burnt reading tonnes of manga)

this is my first post, because i couldn't believe that having a manga of the week could be a bad thing, whether text heavy or not.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 12, 03:46:00 am »

The thread hasn't been updated since mid 2011. I have a manga that I wanted to recommend but it has already been recommanded in 2008. 2008 is a long time though, can I recommend it again?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: