Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Feature Announcements (Archive)  (Read 3730 times)
Frequent Contributor
« on: Dec 23, 10, 04:16:17 pm »

Title: Changes To Series Pages
Original Post: Dec 23, 2010, 05:16:17 pm
As some of you may have noticed the layout of the information on series pages changed recently.  This change is part of a move to make things more clear and concise.  We have also implemented a new interface for indicating the 'status' of series.  Instead of one catchall text box the scanslation status and the status in the country of origin now have separate drop-down boxes with predefined values.  Descriptions for what each value means can be found on the series edit page.  Most series will fall into one of the categories offered for both scan and home status; for those that don't there is still a text box available which can be used to indicate further details.  This extra information will only show up on a series page if there is something put in that box so some series will have an extra field on the right of their image which will be absent on others.  In the coming weeks we'll probably add filtering by scanslation status to the Extended Series List.

Another addition to the series pages are links to the related forum topic for the series on the Manga Series  board on the forums.  The series edit system will only accept topics that are in that section of the forums though and once a topic is set for a series only a staff member can change it so please be careful when assigning this field.

Finally, there has been some strife going back and forth behind the scenes between certain members of certain groups and certain members of the MT community.  Mangatraders is neutral in all of these disputes but we will not stand idly by while our users are harassed on our site for following our rules.  To that end we have implemented an anonymous upload feature.  If you submit an upload with the text !ANON anywhere in the "Comments to Staff" box the upload will not be associated with your Mangatraders account.  You will not be credited with another upload and your name/profile link will not appear beside the file if it is put on the site.  Anyone may use this service for any reason however the staff will be able to tell who made the upload and we will continue to enforce our uploading rules as they are stated on the uploading page.
« Last Edit: May 31, 11, 09:25:03 am by Yukimura » Logged

Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 11, 09:14:48 am »

Original Post: Jan 08, 2011, 04:38:55 am
Announcement from Yukimura
The following series have been removed from Mangatraders at the request of agents acting on behalf of the Japanese publishers.  Please stop asking about what happened to them in the Site Support section.

• Bukiyou na Silent
  • Haru wo Daite Ita
  • Kizuna
  • You're My Love Prize in Viewfinder

In an effort to curb posts asking about the loss of the series I have implemented an alternative way of complying with takedown notices.  Instead of removing whole series pages and making it look like certain manga simply don't exist we will now remove only the file links and leave the series information up.  Taken down series will still appear in series search results but will have an icon next to them indicating they have no files to be downloaded from Mangatraders.  The many other series we have taken down over the years will be brought back in a similar manner once we've updated them to conform to the new display standards that have been implemented since they were deactivated.
« Last Edit: May 31, 11, 09:20:34 am by Yukimura » Logged

Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 11, 09:17:23 am »

Original Post: Jun 26, 2010, 12:06:40 pm
In what may go down as the most questionable move in our history starting today Mangatraders will begin making use of Twitter as our official secondary news and announcements location.  In the event of the site going offline like what happened last week @mangatradernews on twitter will be the only official place to get accurate information about what's going on with the site (other than our IRC channel).  Major announcements made while the site is still running will likely be linked to via twitter as well so if you never pay attention to the front page and its news posts this will give you another opportunity to stay current on Mangatraders news.

For some reason we will also be posting an update to @mangatraders every time a new file is added to the site (not my idea FYI).  Be advised that there will be no filtering on these updates so if you're one of the people who has a problem with certain types of files uploaded to the site you're better off just ignoring the feed completely. 

EDIT: Update - In response to some of the comments below @mangatraders will continue to post new file announcements, however for all real news and commentary from the mangatraders staff follow @mangatradernews.

Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 11, 09:22:06 am »

Title: MT FAQ Integrated Into Main Site
Original Post: Sep 09, 2010, 11:52:07 am
The Mangatraders FAQ has (finally) been integrated into the main site.  It can be viewed at http://www.mangatraders.com/faq.  Previously the FAQ was housed in a disorganized forum thread which relatively few people seem to have consulted.  The new FAQ format should be much simpler to use and thus learn from so maybe some of the questions I am constantly being asked will stop coming in so frequently...

I invite everyone to look over the FAQ for all the knowledge it contains about how the site's features work.  Additionally, any feedback on what information seems to be missing or inaccurate would be appreciated, provided it comes from people who have used the site long enough to know the what they're talking about.  Some of the answers in the FAQ have not been updated in years and the site and has evolved considerably since then.  If you see something that seems completely wrong or you think of something that seems to be missing post it in this thread.  Don't PM them to me or I will find you and poke your eyes out in your sleep.  PMing to other (Website) staff members is fine with me but I can't speak to their readiness to do any eye poking.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: