Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mangatraders Joins Twitter  (Read 3871 times)
Frequent Contributor
« on: Jun 23, 10, 12:56:45 pm »

In what may go down as the most questionable move in our history starting today Mangatraders will begin making use of Twitter as our official secondary news and announcements location.  In the event of the site going offline like what happened last week @mangatradernews on twitter will be the only official place to get accurate information about what's going on with the site (other than our IRC channel).  Major announcements made while the site is still running will likely be linked to via twitter as well so if you never pay attention to the front page and its news posts this will give you another opportunity to stay current on Mangatraders news.

For some reason we will also be posting an update to @mangatraders every time a new file is added to the site (not my idea FYI).  Be advised that there will be no filtering on these updates so if you're one of the people who has a problem with certain types of files uploaded to the site you're better off just ignoring the feed completely. 

EDIT: Update - In response to some of the comments below @mangatraders will continue to post new file announcements, however for all real news and commentary from the mangatraders staff follow @mangatradernews.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 10, 11:06:40 am by Yukimura » Logged

« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 10, 02:35:16 pm »

sugoii i'm following guys  Cheesy
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 10, 07:09:17 pm »

While I like the idea of joining Twitter (it really is a simple way of keeping up with all the sites you visit), I followed the site for five seconds, then dropped it. MT's posts filled my entire page, except for one single post from a friend, and most of them didn't matter to me, being series I don't read. If I followed the site on Twitter, I wouldn't be able to see anything posted by the other people/groups I'm following. Is there really any need to post whenever a new chapter of volume is uploaded? Why not only post when there's actual news, and maybe if a brand new series is added to the site?

I'm not complaining (I can easily search for the site on Twitter and find you), just offering constructive criticism.

One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth.
- Char Aznable
Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 10, 08:25:38 pm »

Heh, I just do what I'm told.  I personally agree with the above poster about the inanity of tweeting every single upload instead of just news and maybe rants about bad uploaders.

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 10, 10:32:07 pm »

Hey, that's awesome! I recommend to follow other manga sharing websites such as http://twitter.com/mangastream

Good Luck! =)
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 10, 02:04:24 am »

is it wise to put MT on twitter since there is an ongoing "Japanese and US Manga Publishers Ally Against Scanlations" . Though MT does not directly scan or translate, MT distributes. But h*ll to those publishers, not everybody has the money or the means to purchase manga. I'm only saying that, don't MT need to keep a low profile, I mean just for now.

One Manga and MangaFox is on their A list and U.S. publishers are working with the FBI to shut down "piracy websites".

(T_T) I don't want anything bad to happen to MT.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 10, 11:42:47 am »

Can I just ask if you have to have the file updates tweeted then why not have two twitter accounts? One for news/announcements and another for file updates, that way the important stuff won't be lost among the trivial.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 10, 01:09:05 pm »

Can I just ask if you have to have the file updates tweeted then why not have two twitter accounts? One for news/announcements and another for file updates, that way the important stuff won't be lost among the trivial.

This.
Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 10, 02:22:19 pm »

I've set up a separate account for news and announcements @mangatradernews.  Feel free to ignore @mangatraders and follow @mangatradernews as that's where any practical information will be posted.
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 10, 02:32:38 pm by Yukimura » Logged

« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 10, 10:27:09 pm »

Well, I'm glad there's now a place to get the important news fast and easy, thanks a lot XD

I want to be the whisper of a city that doesn't know who I am...
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #10 on: Jun 25, 10, 02:17:46 pm »

i like the idea of posting news about mt on twittter. espcially for cases like last week.

BUT i hate the idea of posting new uploads on twitter. this is insanly dangerous.
this will only draw more (and absolutely unwanted) attention to mangatraders.

the times we life in dont really seem fit to declare to the whole world: hey look at us we're here, doing illegal stuff.

twitter and facenbook are only the pinnacle of examples of this neo "we are all connected" world scourge that will bring our freedom in any regard to an end.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #11 on: Jun 25, 10, 04:17:14 pm »

I have to say I'm a little bit disconcerted by the fact that every upload to the site is going to be revealed. It seems to me asking for trouble given the unfriendly attitude popping up towards aggregation sites.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 10, 04:23:10 pm by ashesatdusk » Logged
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #12 on: Jun 26, 10, 03:25:51 am »

Posting new uploads on twitter? I'd say this qualifies for the "Worst timing ever" award...
« Reply #13 on: Jun 28, 10, 06:23:35 pm »

I'd like to point out the duplicity of the -italian- contract:
I'm from Italy and almost all the contract was in italian, but when it come down to important thing as
Condizione di base (meaning what I'm responsable for) and Restrizione sul Contenuto ed uso dei Servizi (where they reserve the right to remove what someone can share or terminate the contract or give away personal info even in case of, I quote, "(iv) respond to user support requests") the contract switched to english.
Now, I don't say that the contract is biased or wrong, nor I'm saying it's a blood-binding contract.
I know the point (iv) will be only enforced in case of hacking or similar.
I know that's only right to respond for what I'm responsable and probably they'll never end a contract if not for some serious issue.
I know they'll remove only what shouldn't supposed to be shared.
All of this is just their right/duty.
What I'm saying is only this: they should have translated all the contract instead of "hiding" their right and my duties.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #14 on: Jul 01, 10, 06:56:48 pm »

just to clarify, twitter is a backup news location, right?... that is, news will appear both on manga traders front page AND on twitter, rather then exclusively on twitter?
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: