Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss  (Read 917 times)
Journeyman Uploader
« on: Sep 22, 09, 12:30:44 pm »

ok, so my guess to all this - this story arc is a prequel to Immortal Regis even (the true sequel will start soon, maybe next volume).  I think the author is finally filling in the gaps from the past, before and up to Noches, then he'll start on the war.  (anyone else think the artist jumps around too damn much, and doesn't do nearly enough character development?)

- Read the last volume of Immortal Regis - Depore chose Jae Hyuk because he had "light that enveloped others", she chose him because he wasn't selfish and he cared about others (the opposite of Nex, and Noches, who only cared about themselves).

- Remember in IR that everyone knew magic - here, magic seems reserved to a few key people, with everyone else using weapons - this suggests that there's no school of magic established (yet) like there was in IR

- Remember that Navarus, in Immortal Regis, went all out to save Serin, saying that there was no demon clan without her, the true heir to the clan - maybe the Serin we see here is IR's Serin's mother or ancestor?

- The latest chapter showed Oski, the true creator of Rurektius and all his special dolls.  Remember how in IR Rurektius was sealed within the tower, and Oski just mentioned how he had to make a "special" contract for that golem.  My guess is that he specially contracted with the clan that controlled him (forgot name), but the contract was that he had to stay in the tower.

- Remember how it was stated in the last few chapters of IR that Noches grew more attached to Caladbolg than any other Regis of Chaos - in Cavalier, Caladbolg isn't even mentioned, and in the last chapter, a new "evil" was emerged.  I think what we're seeing here is the creation of Caladbolg by Oski (or maybe the rise of Noches to the throne), the establishment of the 4 clans, the establishment of the schools, and the eventual rein of Noches.

I think what we're seeing now is an older story, the story of how Noches originally rose/fell from power and Depore was sealed in the tower of Soul Wrenching Agony (it seems Rukretius was sealed in the tower by Orkis as well).
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 10, 11:40:33 pm by Filter » Logged
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 09, 02:41:58 pm »

i really doubt it. cavalier of the abyss IS a sequel of immortal regis.
Nex IS Jae Hyuk. the serin he has imprisoned IS the serin from immortal regis.

- Remember in IR that everyone knew magic - here, magic seems reserved to a few key people, with everyone else using weapons - this suggests that there's no school of magic established (yet) like there was in IR

Nex could have closed the school the limit the people capable of magic.

the rest will probably be made clear further in the manga.

"If it has blood, you can make it bleed. If it has eyes, you can blind it. If it has a mouth, you can make it scream…"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 11, 03:55:34 am »

I Think the story from IR to this COTA is going a little bit too fast ,some things are just not quite clear enough..
But please dont get me wrong,. I still effing love this manhwa! Smiley))
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: