Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakuman  (Read 3874 times)
« on: Jul 31, 09, 11:02:44 am »

I'm sure you've read Death note, and you probably loved it!  Anyway, the author and mangaka teamed up again to bring you Bakuman. This is another manga that is awesomeness. The characters are unique and great and the story line is awesome. Basically, it's about two boys struggling to become mangakas, but in between all that is just awesomeness. I'm sure you get the point by now!

It\'s been a too hard living, but I\'m afraid to die cause I don\'t know what\'s up there beyond the sky.
Accomplished Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 09, 04:03:21 pm »

I've started to read it, and it's pretty fun.

I'm also learning a lot about the manga industry.

"The Internet is a series of tubes. It is not a big truck."
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 09, 06:05:53 pm »

Yea. Maybe a bit too much.
I know the mangakas did things to please the masses, but if its really done like in this series its insane. Maybe thats why Im walking towards western seriese these days, as I can find a lot of famous non mainstreem things there (not things like Spiderman and X-men, but more like Sandman, Fables and Transmetropolitan).

There is so much preassure

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 09, 09:50:16 pm »

I nearly forgot about this topic yet I love the manga so much. I wonder if it was a good choice for them to do a gag manga? For their sake I hope it sells.

It\'s been a too hard living, but I\'m afraid to die cause I don\'t know what\'s up there beyond the sky.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 10, 08:03:27 am »

i also hope their plan goes well. lol
this manga ROCKS!!!! it should really be made into an anime!!! WOOO! I can't wait for the anime series! this is definitely one of the best!
I especially like mashiro's character because he's too persistent, it's hard to find a person like him (and his uncle) haha!
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 10, 10:41:25 pm »

It is being made into an anime for the spring season of this year.
Accomplished Uploader
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 10, 10:48:29 pm »

I can't imagine it as an Anime

"The Internet is a series of tubes. It is not a big truck."
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 10, 01:04:53 pm »

Oh I will totally be following the anime. I wonder how they'll bring out the characters. Hopefully, they don't butcher them.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 10, 10:22:51 am »

Nah. Hikaru no Go and DN had pretty much the same characters as in the manga, and to be honest, it felt as they used the HnG manga as a storyboard for the anime, they were so alike
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 11, 09:06:56 am »

I thought Bakuman was more popular than that. The last post is almost from one year ago.

I like the new mangaka, the Ashirogi Muto fan who is 18 years old. His manga was interesting too, this is one of the good thins about Bakuman also. You can read manga in manga. Anyway, I think the psychological battle manga war between him and our guys will be very fun to read.

Bakuman didn't look like it will be a long serie when I first started it. But now I can say that it can last for years if mangakas want to make it last that long.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 11, 01:42:19 am »

I just stumbled upon the series and fell in love. the story has everything you could want in an unexpected setting; drama, thrillers, gags, love, hurdles that must be overcome. it's interesting to know that the same bersome tho drew death note drew this. at the begining i could really see this, but then teh drawings seemed to change half way through, but it suits the atmosphere better. (at least that's what i think) i like this new mangaka, as a person i think he is messed up, but i like how he seemed to take all of Ashirogi Muto's old ideas and did something with them.

when it rains i like to run out in the downpour and watch as it splashes down
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 11, 04:14:01 am »

for some reason I cant find myself to read it anymore. I dont know why.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 19, 11, 02:26:44 pm »

Now we have a villain in Bakuman officially. He is not gonna stay for too long probably, but it's still a good change.
« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 11, 10:41:37 pm »

I'm really thrilled about the appearance of a villain! I was beginning to get bored with the lack of action. (Not to mention that the presentation of the results of the Love Fest was a bit of a letdown. ^_^') But just when I was about to become disappointed, Ohba and Ogata strike with an interesting new twist. Yay! ^_^ Now I'm sooooo excited about the psychological warfare between mangaka(s) who love making manga on psychological warfare! Go, Ashirogi Muto!!! ^__^ Grin Grin Grin
« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 11, 05:05:01 am »

first time post but a loyal reader of bakuman...
this make me think why naruto is no 1 in chart..
why some manga only have 1 book..
that is so cool you know...
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: