Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Nodame Cantabile  (Read 3662 times)
Journeyman Uploader
« on: Apr 04, 08, 09:17:32 am »

Yep, my latest addiction.

Well, I wanted to discuss the manga series with someone so I went to find the official topic. There ended up not being one- so I made it myself. I really like this series- and considering I'm a total band dork this makes the series all the more enjoyable. Is anyone else here on MT into/is current with this series? Discuss?

I'm lazy.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 08, 12:43:01 pm »

It is well written and has an excellent mixture of humour, romance and the drive to achieve a goal. The only thing that I can say I never liked about the series is Chiaki's fear of air or sea transport. Seriously someone would have drugged him long ago to get him to travel considering the importance to his career (although they did mention that they tried it seemed more humourous than a serious attempt).

Anyways the current direction that the story is going is interesting and I wonder there will be an actual threat to the Nodame/Chiaki relationship.

Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 08, 12:18:23 am »

If I remember it right, the family drugged him and put him on a plane, but some sort of accident happened during the take off and they came to the conclusion that Chiaki was sort of cursed, so no one wanted to travel with him anymore.

Now allied with the banana army.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 08, 05:53:03 am »

I'm really into this series, my friend in Japan reccommended to me. I like cause I'm not a band dork though. Nodame is such a good character. You really should watch the drama series as well, it's so so good

Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 08, 01:04:31 pm »

Well, at the end of the live action drama specials:

I'm lazy.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 08, 10:07:47 am »

WHAT?! There's a live drama???!!! URGH! Damn the line! I can't even search for it, much more download! Will have to try to find it in the stores....

Oh yeah, sorry for the rambling. YUP. I like this manga. Love it in fact. Hate Chiaki for being insensitive though. Love Nodame.
^-^v

Live your LIFE as you want, cause it's YOUR LIFE!
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 08, 10:10:42 pm »

Well, 4EVA-san...

I'm lazy.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 08, 08:31:23 pm »

I like this series too. I think it's my aunt's favourite as well...

I'm not sure what to make of it though, what's its main theme? Music, love, or comedy? Or all three?

Nodame reminds me of Eimi from Beauty is the Beast...though maybe Nodame is more animated.

Med student = Scum
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #8 on: Apr 24, 08, 11:10:27 pm »

Well, 4EVA-san...

REALLY??!!  Shocked I hope the manga has the same ending. But I still hate Chiaki. Insensitive, promise-breaking bastard.

Live your LIFE as you want, cause it's YOUR LIFE!
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 08, 12:48:48 am »

I like this manga, though I'm still in the middle of it (like volume 13 or something).

It especially appealed to me because there was something going on (their music careers) besides girl meets guy, they love each other, have many cliche troubles, end up together.

I like mangas where there's a heavy focus besides the romance (though I read a lot of romance anyway, cause I don't like it when there's *none*). Bit picky, but that's how it is.

I don't have any particular attachment to the music side of it, I don't play anything. Just as long as it doesn't end up like Suzuka (track and field manga, the T&F completely drops out for volumes at a time, and then is given up completely at the end).
« Reply #10 on: Jun 21, 08, 03:29:24 am »

I luv nodame cantabile..i don't knuw why (maybe it cause i luv music like nodame so much!!) Tongue
But i can't stop to read it..

How about you??what's ur opinion about nodame??
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #11 on: Jun 21, 08, 10:07:34 am »

watch the anime

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka!" -Me

Disclaimer -Any opinions I may have, or you perceive I have, are not the opinion of MangaTraders, only me personally
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #12 on: Jun 21, 08, 08:11:44 pm »

http://forums.mangatraders.com/index.php?topic=3333.0
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #13 on: Jun 21, 08, 08:14:07 pm »

didn't know we had a Nodame thread. Thanks for making my job easier asd12

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka!" -Me

Disclaimer -Any opinions I may have, or you perceive I have, are not the opinion of MangaTraders, only me personally
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #14 on: Jun 21, 08, 09:44:58 pm »

didn't know we had a Nodame thread. Thanks for making my job easier asd12

Haha no problem. I spend a lot of time looking for threads for certain mangas in Manga Series (right after I read them usually, so that I can blab about it). (Plus I remember posting about Nodame before, so I knew there was a thread *somewhere*.)

Still haven't gotten around to finishing this one though!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: