Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Bride of the Water God  (Read 4800 times)
« on: Nov 03, 06, 07:54:20 pm »

i just wanted to know what do u think of the manga the bride of the water god. I just read it for  the 1st time and i like it.

Tell me ur opinions on this manga or others that u could recommend i kinda still learning since i'm kinda new at this. :cry:
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 10, 03:50:51 pm by Filter » Logged
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 06, 05:23:06 pm »

i've read "the bride of the water god" so far, and i find the art to be greatly expresive  Shocked , the storyline is more original than i most shoujo mangas i've read so far, a yeah... i'll probably continue reading it...and recomending it...
as for other recomandations it really depends on what's your tipe...
shoujo: wallflower (also known as perfect girl evolution) which is funny as hell Cheesy ,goong, kimi wa pet, koukou debut etc.
shounen:akumetsu,dogs,07 ghost,mieru hito,trigun, trinity blood etc

became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 06, 04:47:15 am »

Bride of Water God has some scene that make me feel serious, a bit sad but it just tries to be funny !
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 06, 02:02:04 am »

You can try Goong, Perfect Girl Evolution aka The Wallflower, Real Fake Princess, Beauty Pop, Kare Kano, Fruits Basket, It's Love, Ouran High School Host Club, Midori no Hibi...

There are tons of them...choose either of them, ne?
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 07, 06:46:28 am »

Absolutely love the drawings in this manhwa!!!  The story is intriguing and poetic and the mythical Asian (Korean/Chinese) theme is definitely different. Goong is another great one, as previous posters mentioned, since it entwines historical Korean scenery with modern day characters (about a royal family in modern-day Korea and a cute hilarious girl who finds that she was betrothed to the prince since birth).  Perfect Girl Evolution, while not a period piece, is hilarious (a gothic, macabre female outcast who suffers extremely low self-esteem, although she has a charisma that occassionally shines through, is in the process of being transformed by four gorgeous male students).  Another related manga is Hana Yori Dango (a stubborn low-class girl finds herself up against four of the most powerful students in an elite school).  Koukou Debut (tomboy coached by aloof yet handsome senpai) and Beauty is the Beast (clueless girl is infatuated with a mysterious fellow boarder who is followed by vicious rumors--this guy reminds me of the actor Sung Kang from Better Luck Tomorrow) are also hilarious, cute romances.
For simpler but beautiful drawings, Fascination is Better than Love is good (although the story line is somewhat cliched with a hot male student attracted to a silly female teacher--read it mostly for the drawings) and Parfait Tic is cute (this story is slightly annoying, however, because it's an endless triangle love story).

If you simply enjoy the fantasy aspect of the manhwa and want something with more action, then maybe some sci-fi mangas like DNA^2 (a classic--read the censored version if you are adverse to nudity) and D. Gray Man would be worth your while.  I haven't read Naruto or Inuyasha and did not get into Slam Dunk but I heard these are all great fantasy or action mangas with huge cult followings.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 07, 08:36:41 am »

just like every one
i too was amazed by the high quality of the arts its just too good.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 07, 11:21:43 am »

oh my!!!! i can not wait for the rest of vol 2 to be available then of coarse the rest of the manga. i really like it. altough i can tell it is going to be one of those highly dramatic mangas. its also gonna give my stress on who she ends up with because of the whole "two red ribbons" thing.
Hi
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 07, 08:45:15 am »

I just started reading Bride of the Water God today and immediately, I was addicted to it.  The storyline and drawings are amazingly good.  One thing though, I just found out that the group who did the scanlations for this manhwa has recently dropped this project  :cry: , I wonder if another group will pick it up.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 07, 12:39:20 pm »

Quote from: "rcblue"
I just started reading Bride of the Water God today and immediately, I was addicted to it.  The storyline and drawings are amazingly good.  One thing though, I just found out that the group who did the scanlations for this manhwa has recently dropped this project  :cry: , I wonder if another group will pick it up.

doh!
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 07, 01:37:03 pm »

Yep, like everyone else, the artwork + unique plot is the rave!!! =D The drawings are so well detailed (and beautiful), and even better, the plot's so intriguing! O:

Seriously wished it wasn't dropped... =( Maybe another group will pick this project up soon! The licensed versions won't be released till Oct 2007, I believe. =/
« Reply #10 on: Apr 25, 07, 07:00:36 pm »

agree wit u all, i really like the story n' artwork. simple but detail...but too bad cause is already licensed so as long as i search in everywhere, they dropped it. i'v vol3. raw n' i dont understand at all!!....is there anyone who can understand korean...Huh
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 07, 12:54:05 am »

Yes, this manga rocks! but it's now licensed, and I have absolutely no clue when on earth it will be available in the Norwegian market...seems like I am gonna be forever depending on ebay...sigh..
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 07, 01:00:28 am »

the most beautiful drawn art... love the characters drawing.. especially bahaek (he is hot in his adult form and super cute in his child form)..

too bad this manga has been licensed.. but now im not even sure when it will be out in my country..  Sad   ... to bad it stop scanlating.. wish i can read more of it..
« Reply #13 on: Jun 29, 07, 07:33:44 am »

bride of the water god's art is soo pretty and very cute plot--sososo though
« Reply #14 on: Jul 01, 07, 01:30:20 am »

In case you're interested, I speak Korean, so iff you have the raw and are willing to email me it to me, then I'd be more than willing to translate it for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: