Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20th Century Boys  (Read 2130 times)
Apprentice Uploader
« on: Nov 03, 06, 02:18:12 pm »

Does anybody know when the last volume will be published? This manga is probably Best Ever and i just can't wait to see the ending.
Any Urasawa fans out there? Smiley
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 06, 12:11:09 pm »

No idea, though I've seen the scans a while back.

MangaTraders still needs pineapple army and master keaton.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 07, 06:16:48 am »

I think it ends with Volume 22...I´m not very satisfied with the ending Sad
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 07, 09:18:27 am »

actually, i heard that there's supposed to be a sequal to the manga. it's called 21st Century Boys. it's only supposed to be like 2 or 3 volumes long. yep. 20 CB is quite possibly one of the greatest manga's ever. the only other mangas that can really compare are Monster, Berserk, and Death Note...
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 07, 12:48:45 pm »

Does this Manga ended on that concert? Please someone tell me it didn't I'm... *crying* this manga was so awsome I really cried in the end

Kenji was so damn awesome He is my idol now does someone know any other works of this mangaka
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 07, 04:30:26 pm »

Lets settle this question once and for all. Yes 20th Century Boys ended with volume 22. This however is not the end of the story. 21st century boys of which only one chapter has been translated as far as I can tell is a direct continuation of the story, with him walking away from the concert. Now you know.

Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 07, 08:58:32 pm »

Does this Manga ended on that concert? Please someone tell me it didn't I'm... *crying* this manga was so awsome I really cried in the end

Kenji was so damn awesome He is my idol now does someone know any other works of this mangaka

He did my favorite manga of all time, Monster. The greateast story ever written, and it'll be adapted to movie pretty soon!

President Netero
« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 08, 05:15:21 am »

20th century boys and 21st century boys are available online at onemanga.com.  both are complete. ^_^
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 08, 05:18:05 am »

Hey there's a movie coming out called 20th century boys I wonder if they're related.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 08, 09:00:06 pm »

I rated 20th century boys a 9 and 21st century boys a 1.

This series makes me furious, its incredible but ultimately fails miserably just like Monster.  Anticlimactic is a good word to describe it.

After reading Monster I assumed 20th century boys would be as incredible without suffering from the shortcomings of Monster.  I WAS WRONG, 20th century boys suffers from the same exact problems I had with Monster. 

The story builds up a tremendous amount of suspense but it never delivers on the goods, it just unravels and leads nowhere significant.  You're better off reading the first half of this series and then just putting it down and using your imagination as to how it all ends.

Don't get me wrong, I love kenji, the idea of hippies saving the world, etc.  HOWEVER, when you build up this much suspense then you better deliver a good punchline or you are going to piss people off.

If you are a fan of M. Night Shamalan's movies, or if you were a fan of The X-Files even after the first movie, then you'll love Naoki's work.  For the rest of us this manga is the most polished turd ever made...

A good twist is needs to be unexpected, not random and completely unpredictable even in retrospect.  Someone call me when Naoki learns how to finish his mangas.

Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 08, 09:22:23 pm »

I have to agree with you. I was disappointed in the ending myself too. I was expecting some kind of massive punchline after that long a manga, with all those elements and back and forthing. Ultimately I got bored, and the ending was a bit of a kick in the nads.

Yes, One Piece is supreme.
There's no point arguing with idiots. They'll just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 08, 08:19:49 am »

Well............ the ending was kinda disappointing but overall the whole plot was really good with the twists and all that.

“History History History History History History History History History History History History History History History”
- History on repeating itself

Yagami is I am a gay spelled backwards.
Hehe...........
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: