Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosario+Vampire  (Read 954 times)
« on: Feb 18, 08, 02:37:44 pm »

I'm kinda enjoying this series that I discovered "by accident" while surfing Animesuki.com + Wikipedia. My first impression is "oh no! not another harem + monster/supernatural being" semi-gothic horror series. Once I got into the story the story telling is pretty straight forward but is peppered with a lot of jokes (typically the main character breaking the 4th wall and wondering what's wrong with this scene) + fan service (mostly panty shots as typical of harem storylines, no full nudity) but I did enjoy the story which changed in tone (more serious) once you get further into the storyline (around volume 7+). The characters themselves are somewhat semi-memorable and details how the support characters got involved with the main characters and almost all support characters are given their own storylines. If I have to give this series a score I'd say around: B+ (Above Average).
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 08, 02:41:28 pm by Liddokun » Logged
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 08, 04:58:07 pm »

Hmm yeah, I would agree with most of that. I feared it would be some weird harem manga for a while. But I really do like how the story changed the past few volumes to become something more interesting, Ya know?
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 08, 05:46:45 am »

Sigh, just throwing some quick thoughts out there. I've always supported R+V, but TBH it's really deteriorated.

I recently reread it from the beginning so that I would be familiar with the story for the new releases (last I read was in volume 9, now we're in chapter 8 of R+V II). I think it was a great manga, although a little too harem-y.

Ever since they started that whole school festival crap though, it's been filled with worthless fan service.

R+V II reminds me strongly of Shana 2 and Zero no Tsukaima 2, actually. They both started out with worthless fan service arcs. Is the market really that bad, that you can't make a decent manga in this genre without having to resort to constant boobie grabs and pantsu?

Sigh, maybe in a few volumes it'll settle down and actually progress. For now, I am very disappointed with the first 8 chapters of R+V II. I wanted some fucking answers about Moka or Tsukune by now. :/ Why isn't he a full-fledged GARpire by now? Why can't we get some damn development from inner Moka? I want to see those two working together more, him drawing her out of her shell, etc....

"Know Your Place" (Or "Realize your place" in the first volume lol!) is pretty good and all, but it's getting repetitive. Sad

Also, lose 90% of the female characters in this Manga. Please.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 08, 12:51:42 pm »

Why can't we get some damn development from inner Moka? I want to see those two working together more, him drawing her out of her shell, etc....

is pretty good and all, but it's getting repetitive. Sad

Well.. why we dont get developement? isnt it obvious? because as soon as those are a couple, the mainplot is over. since it has gained quite some attention (top 10 on onemanga) it should be popular in japan too - so why should the mangaka shorten it when he can just continue to gain money? (on second thought its popular enough to make a anime out of it...)

And i have to agree - its pretty redunant...

Me? Sarcastic? Nooo...
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 08, 01:00:30 am »

Well.. why we dont get developement? isnt it obvious? because as soon as those are a couple, the mainplot is over. since it has gained quite some attention (top 10 on onemanga) it should be popular in japan too - so why should the mangaka shorten it when he can just continue to gain money? (on second thought its popular enough to make a anime out of it...)

And i have to agree - its pretty redunant...

Yea yea.... I know how it goes. It's still frustrating to read so many long mangas when the climax is them kissing and going out. You want it to happen, but that means it's over. Personally I wish they'd come up with a new story, just draw it out AFTER they get together. I can think of ways to do that, I'm sure real writers could do much better.

Honestly though, stuff like that is why I dislike "mainstream" series. Like Inuyasha, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, etc... It's always drawn out endlessly, but without imagination.

I don't mind spending money on entertainment, but I can't justify giving someone money just so they can make a shitty, endless loop purely to try to make a few more bucks. Hollywood has an extreme problem with this (see: any "parody" movie with "movie" in the title after the first few Scary Movies. Like Epic Movie, etc).

-----

Back to R+V though, I can think of a million plots they could pursue that don't involve "hot springs," a "school festival," or "zomg pantsu!" I didn't mean that Ghoulboy and Inner Moka should go out immediately or something, but I'd like for them to get some real face time both alone and together for some character development. Especially NOT for a few seconds of "lol godmode!" in a battle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: