Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Flame of Recca  (Read 2005 times)
« on: Jan 08, 08, 11:18:21 pm »

I FINALLY finished reading all 33 volumnes of it =O and  WOW. I have to say, that was the best manga i've  ever read.

All the characters were beautifully put together... Every villian had a distinctive and VERY evil trait and personality, every hero had a good backstory, cause, and mentality....

I really can't say enough about this manga, but I would like to say that it was not only my favorite manga I've ever read, but it also had an amazing ending.

and man... *MINOR SPOILERS, although you'll agree with this as soon as you see this guy*

Kurei is badass....
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 08, 02:23:13 am »

It wasn't bad, but I found the sucesive fights to slow down the plot a lot. The tournament in particular was just too much, every round had 5 1Vs1 fights and in the end that almost bored me. It took a lot of time for something to actually happen, good thing it was already finished when I read it because if it had been at a 1 chapter a week speed I would have surely dropped it.

Now allied with the banana army.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 08, 06:57:41 am »

I was thinking of reading it since I have all the scans but its length is putting me off...
Since I don't get into shonen manga easily. Is it really that good? O.o
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 08, 07:33:50 am »

It's not that good. Fights aren't bad, but you've got the standard Good superhero group Vs Evil supervillain group setting with lots of fights and little development. It's not a bad read, but it's fun to read when you don't have anything else, but it's not great either. It's very far from being the best manga for me, but as you see, some people really like it.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 08, 12:02:33 pm »

the mnaga was pretty much a nonstop fight, from beginning to end
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 08, 03:20:50 pm »

I just read em all too. Mmm it was pretty good, then again I like that shounen stuffs. I hate endings. They all make me feel funny.

Yeah, Kurei is pretty badass.
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 08, 09:49:32 pm »

Fuuko supporter!!! *waves flag*

Med student = Scum
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 08, 11:43:25 pm »

I read a bit of that one, didn't seem to bad, pretty good really. Though I'm currently having difficulty actually remember specifics about that one. I started that one (and got just about as far) with Yu Yu hacki... (I forgot how to spell it) so I've kinda merged them in my head. I remember that it was good. But the only real image I'm getting right now is a swimming pool...and a dragon xD
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 08, 10:41:50 pm »

I read the beginning of the manga when I was younger- but then I couldn't read it for about two years because my mother thought that it was inappropriate. x3

But then I finished reading it on MT- and even watched some of the anime. I really like the manga art...

I'm lazy.
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 08, 09:53:09 pm »

The Manga was pretty good the art wasn't to my taste but it still wasn't all that rough.

I enjoyed it like hell... I don't know what was boring for you Pina There were fights, pretty looking ladies, power evolution, The ending sucked but that's only one flaw, but I have to agree with you It's really far from being the best manga
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 08, 03:15:28 am »

Well, I found it boring because

- there were fights, fights and more fights without any plot development for volumes. That tires me, a lot.
- Pretty looking ladies. Eye candy is not enough to keep me interested. Not even close.
- Power evolution. Yeah, sure. It goes with the fights thing, a manga that doesn't go beyond the "OMG he's powered up" thing bores me in the end.
- The endin sucked. Well, the ending is just a few chapters on a 33 volume manga. It's not that important.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 08, 07:48:55 am »

When you present it like this I'm starting to think that Flame of Recca is really boring and I only wasted my time.

But... How can a ending not be important?
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 08, 08:44:31 am »

Because if I have been reading a boring story for 33 volumes, I don't really mind if it sucks or not as long as it finishes. I'm not saying someone forced me to watch it or anything of the sorts, but I consider much more important the development since it's longer. Now, if I'm reading a really great manga and the ending sucks I can get pissed, it ruins the gained momentum, but if the manga is so-so even if the ending fails I don't mind it much.

Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 08, 08:53:32 am »

To sum it up you think it's total shit, which isn't worth reading right?
Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 08, 08:57:40 am »

Not really. It's fine to kill some time when you've got nothing to do and don't want to think much. It's not shit, I mean you probably won't be bored while reading it, but it just goes through without leaving much impact, not the kind of good manga you look at a year later and think "this sure was fun. maybe I'll read it again" or the kind you want other people to read so you can talk with them about it.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: